Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Checking camera's on my phone

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
ILOS
Tutor
Tutor
I have 4 cameras set up so that I can he is them on my phone. I used to be able to just tap on trhe arlo icon on my phone and all 4 cameras would come up on a screen where I could see what they are all looking at and with a tap could turn them of and on at any time lately suddenly the screen is covered with a see thru screen with orange background on top of page with white lettering that says session ended need to log in to view my cameras or change anything. This has not been necessary till a couple days ago. If i swipe right the page moves but bounces back immediately. I have to turn my phone off and back on in order to view my cameras now or turn them on or off without having to sign in. I have always stayed signed in so my cameras can be viewed at any time. What changed? What can I do to get rid of this problem
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you read almost any of the recent threads here you'll see that there's an issue with the software causing this. I find that force stopping the app allows me to log in with no problem. It's a bit of a pain but much faster than restarting the phone.

ILOS
Tutor
Tutor
Hello thanks for the update I hadn't seen any of the threads regarding anything let alone this problem so thank you for pointing that out. I am some what of a newbie with these smart phones what is it you mean when you say you are force stopping the app? How do you do that? Thank you in advance for taking the time to help me.
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

If you have an iPhone or iPad, you double click the Home button and then flick the app up to the top.  If you have an iPhone X you slide your finger up from the bottom slowly until the apps fan out like a deck of cards, you touch the right app until a red minus sign appears then you touch the minis sign.

If you have an android phone, someone else will need to answer your question or you can easily search for the answer with a Google or any search engine.

ah....here’s a link for Android.

http://www.dummies.com/consumer-electronics/smartphones/droid/how-to-force-close-an-app-on-an-androi...

ILOS
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation