Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cant STNC the Arlo pro 2 camera with the arlo pro basis station

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
niels2018
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey,
I bought an arlo pro 1 cam with base station last month.

now I have bought an arlo pro 2 yesterday but I can not connect it to the station.
Is this possible?

thanks

8 REPLIES 8
brh
Master
Master

@niels2018

When you try to add the camera are you setting the mode to Disarmed? I have had problems syncing cameras while the system is still in the Armed Mode.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've had no issues syncing while Armed but I suppose anything is possible. Be sure to only briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it.

niels2018
Aspirant
Aspirant

What u meen with Disarmed? 

niels2018
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, I really keep him pressed for 2/3 seconds.

I watch youtube how other people instal there arlo pro. But mine keep blink blue.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Pull batteries on the new Pro2 cams then replace,  this will reset them

Do a quick push on the base sync button and then push the camera button.

If it fails to sync, can you move the base to the max lenght of the ethernet cable away from you home router and redo.

If it syncs , it wil go from slow blue to fast blue blinking

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
niels2018
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks was a nice try, even the quick press and max lenght of the ethernet was not helping. even pulled out the wifi amplifier

Thanks all i think i will bring him back to the store tomorrow. 

brh
Master
Master

@jguerdat

I have only installed cameras on new setups before and never had a problem. Yesterday I got a new add on Pro camera and the setup took it, but it kept saying the camera was offline. I did a power recycle and it started to do a firmware update. After awhile while the LEDs were flashing blue and amber, I got a message that the camera went offline although the camera LEDs kept flashing. After about an hour I decided to call customer service as I did not want to brick the camera by removing the power while the LEDs were still flashing. After about an hour on the phone with them trying to resync the camera with the battery, the battery and the power adapter and then without the battery, nothing. Customer service determined that it was a defective camera.

I got off the phone with them and later remembered that my system was in the Smartthings mode, (which may be a whole 'nother story), so I set the mode to Disarmed. 

I plugged the battery back in, inserted the cable from the power adapter and lo and behold the camera came right up and synced and finished the firmware update within a couple of minutes. Working great. I then added it my Smartthings and it is still working great.

Coincedence? That is why I said to try the Disarmed mode if everything else failed.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Good to know but I suspect it was the ST mode that was the issue. I don't have ST so can't relate.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation