Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Drew444
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Pro 2 base station and 4 cameras. Three of them have run completely flat at one stage over the last 3 months, my bad, but I cannot reconnect any of them. I have taken the batteries out, cycled the base station, removed the cameras from the app and tried to add them again. The app just doesn't find them. It stops at "Looking for Arlo".

The software just seems really half-baked. Even trying to post this message, it's demanding that I add a "Label" but doesn't offer any in a dropdown, just tells me that "The following labels are not available here". Doesn't work in Safari? I don't know.

What can I do?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, we need to know if the batteries are actually charged. Allowing them to run down completely causes an issue where it can't be charged normally. There's an FAQ here in the support section that provides details but the quick overview is that you have to plug in the camera at least 6 times to get enough charge to allow the battery to charge normally. Charging proactively eliminates this need.

Once the batteries are known to be fully charged, try again. It may be this simple.

Drew444
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, I'll give that a go. That's rather a huge bug though, don't you think? 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation