Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot Change Arlo Mode, It Says "Getting Information"

S2fun
Initiate
Initiate

I just purchased arlo pro 2. When trying to get into mode using iOS, I do not have options, it just says “getting information”....  My friend has a arlo pro and is able to go to modes, and has pencil for editing...I don’t have that option at all.  

158 REPLIES 158
Kfrisk06
Initiate
Initiate
Hi everyone,
I've had my Arlos for about 5 months now and have never run into this issue. When I go into my Arlo app there is no mode option to disarm or arm my cameras like there has been in the past. I have no extra users and I have already restarted my base station several times along with deleting and reinstalling the app. Any ideas? 🙂
JustBenAgain
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ditto hear for Android Version 2.4.12_20632. Several Months usage, and the option to disarm/arm or Chang the schedule disappeared the other day. I share this account with my Wife. She is the one who noticed it.
Ysabel
Luminary
Luminary

Hi, I have the same problem as yours with my android device. I already contacted Arlo about this and was informed that they are really having issues with android devices wherein MODE option is not shown on the Arlo app. They said that their engineers are  still looking on to it and will just give us an update once issue is already fixed.

For the meantime, I am using my pc or my ios phone in changing the MODE of my Arlo system.

🙂

enseenet
Tutor
Tutor

Having exactly the same issue. Had the cameras for a couple of weeks, no issues, Arlo app update on 05.05.18, now no Mode tab on Android App (Running 7.0 3 build NRD90M) on Galaxy S7. In addition Geofencing is also not working. Location services on Android fully enabled and working in other apps. So effectiveley, I have to leave the house, then open the laptop attach wifi dongle while sitting in the car (around the corner so the camera isn't tripped when I leave home) to activate Armed as no Mode tab and no Geofencing on mobile. You pay a shed load of money for a system that is let down by appalling software apps. Come on Netgear, you've already had 4 days to sort this....!

MSS1911
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem with the Android Arlo App, version 2.5.1_21471, on the Pixel 2.

It's not acceptable to not be able to change modes.  Why on earth even have cameras installed if I can't activate a mode?  Frequently using a laptop to set modes is not an option for me, and if this is not fixed quickly, I'm going to abandon the Arlo system in favor of something that is more reliable.

Cptbill
Initiate
Initiate
I have same problem,. Cameras are working but base station shows “Getting Information”?
Any help would be appreciated,
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Cptbill,

Do you get this notification in the app & on the web portal?

Gazzamarine
Tutor
Tutor

Just ungraded from Arlo HD to Arlo Pro 2 (Both 5 camera set up).

Since upgrade Mode function not working via web app or ios App.

Please advise fix solution.

Gazzamarine
Tutor
Tutor

Note to support,

Mode is currently armed 8AM to 5PM will not allow me to modify, delete, change!

Cptbill
Initiate
Initiate
On the app but was able to clear it by restarting everything
Gazzamarine
Tutor
Tutor

Just spent 1 hour with live chat support (Lyn) after a number of checks eventuallly factory reset the base station and now working fine.

JohannJonas
Aspirant
Aspirant
please add me to the trials/ test team, I have the same problem
mmalman
Guide
Guide
Just bought the cameras, mode stuck getting information on my I phone 7. Can stop all the notifications. . I tried restarting the base. Very disappointing
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a browser.

Zappande
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just bought cameras. All cameras are ok, but only one camera is starting on motion.
Mode stuck getting information on my Iphone 7.
Tried on my computer, can not change mode there.
I tried restarting the base.
Please help me!

jmduguay
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue.

mmalman
Guide
Guide
I tried the browser on my phone, that did not work. Will try my laptop. It seems this problem has been around for a few months, for the price of the cameras, shouldn’t this be fixed?
NJScottW
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue installed today and can not access the mode feature on the IOS app.

Also one camera detects motion using the motions sensing test but will not record when test is turned off.

Attempted to change mode on laptop and changes are not saved and updated.

burreddawg
Initiate
Initiate

Just installed my system today and cannot access mode options. The rest of the system seems to work just fine, but i do not want to have to manually turn the cameras on and off every time I need to. Need the scheduling function. i did reboot the system a couple times to no avail. I have the problem on my IOS devices and computers using Firefox and Microsoft Edge.

Will_F
Aspirant
Aspirant
Bought this today, got the cameras connected and showing video, but mode is stuck on “Getting Information”. If someone at Netgear can’t figure this out, it’s going back to where I bought it. Pretty annoying when you buy what should be a mature consumer product and the company sends out beta grade stuff.
leifs
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue, tired chrome on mac and pc, safari, firefox ipad app.  Cannot update the schedule or disarm the system.  I upgraded the firmware on the cameras and the base station.  Don't reall want to factory reset unless needed.  Just bought the cameras today.

mmalman
Guide
Guide
Log on my windows laptop it will not let me save. I am getting 100’s of email alerts for an $800 system, and no support! Unbelievable, ready to post everywhere to advise people to avoid. Not one reply from Arlo!
mmalman
Guide
Guide
Not one response from Arlo! Worst customer service I have ever had. POS.
Arlo, worst ever. I had Swann for years never had this problem
remf3
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having exactly the same issue with my Arlo Pro - it worked for a couple of hours then is just saying ‘getting information’.

Hope we get some answers!