Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot activate geofencing on second device. Getting "Cannot Enable Device" error.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
madsch
Follower
Follower

I have a system with four Arlo Pro 2 cameras and a VMB4500 base station all bought in the same bundle.

I want to activate the geofencing mode as controlled by both my phone and my wife's. I have given her access, and all other features seem to work fine from her phone. She has given the app permission to access her location.

In the geofencing settings I cannot activate her phone as it keeps telling me that location services must be activated on her device, even though they already are.

We have tried restarting phones, and she has uninstalled and reinstalled her app. I have tried disabling and re-enabling my phone, but nothing helps. The app still tells me to activate location services on her device.

Do you have any ideas on how to get it to work?

6 REPLIES 6
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi madsch,

Try to remove her from grant access and re-invite her and try to give her "Allow Access Rights" again to see if that helps. Also try updating to the latest Arlo app, which we released version 2.12 for the Android version.

qlin3
Tutor
Tutor

exactly same issue

main device is smsung s9 and 2nd device is iphone x, invited as grant all ccess

main device works well but just can not  to enable the 2nd device , 

i am sure the location services is ok and set to alwys.

both running latest arlo 2.12

qlin3
Tutor
Tutor
btw i have a arlo pro with 4 cameras
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi qlin3,

Have you tried the following steps mentioned above to see if that helped?

qlin3
Tutor
Tutor

yes i tried everything ever posted in the community 

some more info: 

primary account:  andriod 10,  samsung S9 with ARLO 2.12.5 ( latest ) 

secondary accoutn:  iphone X  ,  ios 13.3.1,    ARLO 2.12.3 ( latest ) 

secondary account seems works on iphone 6 which is on ios 12.4.x something.

i am sure iphone x already have the correct location setting ,  enabled for arlo and set to  always 

after delete the access of 2nd account and add back in ,  the secondsary Iphone X is gray out and not even showing "unavialable"

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try looking at this article for troubleshooting steps you can take to improve performance for Geofencing: Why isn't the Geofencing mode working?

If you're still having problems, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation