Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot Set Property. Resource Is Temporarily Unavailable

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Martijn1967
Aspirant
Aspirant

Try to set a schedule or to  make any change to armed. None of the is working cause the script gives me an error: "Cannot set property. Resource is temporarily unavailable". Have restarted the base station, plugged in the lan directly into my access point instead of my router. Turned Base station on an off. But nothing seems to work. It kept say resource is not available.

Any one with a solution?

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try today... maybe far end was down for a reason... Also try on web ( https://arlo.netgear.com/ ) if you were on an app

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Martijn1967
Aspirant
Aspirant

Try it yesterday also. Camera's can be viewed, i can make and save the setting of each camera. The only thing i can't do is change the rules for detection, like armed etc. As long as i can set the rules, the whole set is complete useless.

this is the full error:

libs.min.js:3 Possibly unhandled rejection: {"resource":"modes","error":{"code":4003,"message":"Cannot set property. Resource is temporarily unavailable."},"properties":{"active":"mode0"},"action":"is","transId":"web!d8a8f961.abf9!1539527968261","to":"8AK787-257-38316579_web","from":"4RD37B7KA3C37"}
(anonymous) @ libs.min.js:3
(anonymous) @ libs.min.js:2
u @ libs.min.js:3
$digest @ libs.min.js:3
(anonymous) @ libs.min.js:3
i @ libs.min.js:2
(anonymous) @ libs.min.js:2
nrWrapper @ (index):2

sonton2003
Aspirant
Aspirant

i'm getting the same error.  Just installed it today.  I am only getting motion detection alerts and recording from one camera.  The rules are in place to get alerts from the others, I am just got getting any so I went in to adjust the alerts and am getting this error message.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

sonton2003,

What firmware version is your base station running? Have you tried to reboot the base station?

Martijn1967,

Which device are you changing and viewing from? Have you tried to view and change these rules in the Arlo Mobile App & the Web Portal?

Martijn1967
Aspirant
Aspirant

Finally got it working. Removed al device and base station and did the setup again. works 🙂

I think it's a bug in the software. I renamed the base station after installing the cameras. After renaming i had a base station beneath the original base station.

pipsf
Star
Star

Thanks for sharing your solution, Martjin.

I have the exact same issue -- brand new Arlo (just installed yesterday), and I am unable to schedule. I've already received well over 100 notifications about movement being detected; if I can't disable the notifications on certain cameras during the day, this very expensive system will be worthless.

Like Martjin, I renamed the base station during the install. (Side note: For such a simple install, that part was actually pretty confusing -- I thought I was being asked to name the camera I was syncing.)

Does this mean I have to take down all of my cameras -- which I spent considerable time setting up, including lugging ladders around -- and take them to the base station to re-sync? Is there really no other solution/workaround? What a frustrating way to get introduced to Arlo. 😕

Martijn1967
Aspirant
Aspirant

That   didit for mee. remove every thing and start blanco.

I refactored the javascript file and noticed there was no connection between the base station and the camera's. The fact you receive notices has nothing to do with setting the rules. As long as the base station cant reach the camera's.

You can even check it by the mobile app. In your situation should not be able to see the tab `modes` in your mobile app.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation