Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

S2fun
Initiate
Initiate

I just purchased arlo pro 2. When trying to get into mode using iOS, I do not have options, it just says “getting information”....  My friend has a arlo pro and is able to go to modes, and has pencil for editing...I don’t have that option at all.  

158 REPLIES 158
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you running OS 12x  ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
remf3
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am running iOS 12.0.1

(I’m not the original poster but having exactly the same issue)
mmalman
Guide
Guide
Just bought the cameras. On iPhone mode keeps saying getting information. On laptop, I can not save anything. Getting 100’s of email alerts. Help!
oliverox
Initiate
Initiate
Also still seeing this issue. Netgear team please let us know what should be done or fix it ASAP.
AlishaUK
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just installed my new base station and 4 cameras yesterday (October 13, 2018).  I cannot get passed the Mode screen via the Arlo app on my iphone 10.  The Mode has shown "getting information" for the last 36 hours.  I can see that my system is "Armed" when I log in via the browser.  But, I am not able to make any changes to my settings (ie change the notifications or video recording time).  I have restarted my base station.  I have powered the base station down and powered it back up.  I have deleted and reinstalled the Arlo app on my iphone. None of that solved my issue.  I do not want to have to re-sync my cameras as I have installed them high above my house (so taking them down and bringing them to my base station is very inconvenient). I can see that each camera is working properly (I can play back recorded videos via the browser).  But, I cannot playback videos from my iphone nor can i change any settings.  i see this problem has persisted since May of this year.  What is the fix?

S2fun
Initiate
Initiate

everyone is having problems and I see that it dates back to May 2018. I just upgraded to pro 2 and for the amount of money spent.... this seems to be something that many of us are frustrated with.  Who is going to help and how fast?

isellsfv
Initiate
Initiate

I cannot disarm the alarm  It says getting information and never says anything else ? 

Lilia
Aspirant
Aspirant

I called my cable provider and ask them to set my internet ip address to Stable meaning an ip address that doesn't change. and that made my base station stay on line at all times.

@remf3 wrote:
I’m having exactly the same issue with my Arlo Pro - it worked for a couple of hours then is just saying ‘getting information’.

Hope we get some answers!

oliverox
Initiate
Initiate
I removed all devices (including the base station) and carefully re-added them to the app making sure to check whether the “mode” was working fine after each addition. Now everything is fine. Hope this helps.
dandan66
Aspirant
Aspirant

Exactly the same problem for me. Am seriously considering boxing the whole thing up and sending it back. SO frustrating.

mtjand
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem. Base is stuck in Armed mode and from the iPhone app it is stuck in Getting information. I suspect they want us to sign-up for Arlo Smart which needs monthly subscription. Will return this junk product if this there is no resolution to this issue soon.

Niumalu
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same issues. I’m not able to make any adjustments in the app or online. Please help it’s getting dry frustrating.
JohannJonas
Aspirant
Aspirant
problem solved after I pressed the reset button on the base unit., went through setup again and within 10min all four cameras are working fine and all controls perfect., thanks
EV1LEMP1RE
Initiate
Initiate
Hi, so I just bought the arlo pro 2 yesterday and made the mistake of disarming it. I'm currently using the samsung note 8 and am aware of the missing mode on the android app. The issue I'm having aside from the missing mode button is that I am unable to arm the cameras even with the computer. I've tried 4 different browsers and the device won't arm. Am I SOL until an update comes out?
csusmkelly
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also tried to set up my Arlo Pro cameras yesterday (oct 13th) and the base station was also stuck on "getting information". As suggested by oliverox on the other message, I removed all the camera devices and the base station from the app and set everything up again as brand new and the system began working properly.

csusmkelly
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, this solved my problem.

Txcoupe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same with me on Iphone. Just purchased system from Costco.  Also can't add custom modes.  When saving, site keeps clocking then times out !

mmalman
Guide
Guide
I was able to fix it ( or it seems so far) I removed the device and reinstalled, I had to synch the cameras again
yourethegoose
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the exact same issue after purchasing a base station and cameras last week, and wasn't able to resolve by resetting, powering down etc.

Ended up removing the device (Settings > My Devices > Device Name > Remove Device). Then I added the device again and I am able to access Modes etc with no problems.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

There is often a delay before the mode tab appears. Working fine on my S7 Edge.

Try using the web interface https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login in any browser.

Marthajean
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have just  purchased an Arlo pro with four cameras. It was a lot of money! It will not get out of “getting information” mode. This is very frustrating. How can I fix this? 

Txcoupe
Aspirant
Aspirant

That worked - thank you ! I had removed the camera devices before and unsuccessful but never thought to remove/reinstall the base station. 

FCM
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue for me. I just bought the device this weekend. I am using the latest iOS and the base station keeps saying gathering information. What a disappointment. If this isn't resolved soon I will have to return the product unfortunately. Pretty disappointed that this issue has been going on for months and no solution yet!!
mmalman
Guide
Guide
No problem. Glad they now work
mmalman
Guide
Guide
I uninstalled every thing and reinstalled and it worked