Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can you revise the amount of time Arlo starts recording after motion is detected?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ryson
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm sure the answer is currently know but I'd like to know or if Arlo could make an update to revise the amount of time Arlo starts recording after motion is detected. 3 seconds in some cases is not enough and the triggering of motion can only be adjusted so much. It would be nice if we could select from a few options if we can't specify an exact amount. ie. 3, 5, 7, 10 seconds.
3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @ryson,

You can try setting your camera to stop until motion stops. You can read here: How do I adjust Arlo video recording length?

ryson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Jessica,
I have it set that way but that is not the issue. I want to change the start time. When motion is detected it starts recording 3 seconds before motion is detected. I am finding that I need the camera to start more than 3 seconds because the camera is not sensitive enough or is not able to capture when objects truly start to appear within the camera. The camera is set to 100 for sensitivity. By the time recording starts, people are sometimes 90 percent through the video frame so I just see their feet leaving the video frame.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Have you tried to reposition the camera to make sure that the camera detects motion? You can read this article to learn how to optimize motion detection on your camera: How do I optimize motion detection for my Arlo camera?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation