Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can you record with 5 cameras and use a 6th as viewing only

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Noodleman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought a sixth camera, without knowing that I couldn't record with it. Thanks for the limitations Arlo. Is it possible to keep the storage on 5 cameras and just use the 6th as a view only? I have one in my daughters playroom that we only use to check on her, so I don't really need to store that data anywhere. 

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No... you can sync it but is is non functional ( inactive list )

tho you can upgrade your account level to the next which allows 10 cameras/30 days

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Noodleman
Aspirant
Aspirant

@TomMac Yeah I tried to follow someone’s instructions to shut one off on the fly to check the other and it wouldn’t work. The bogus thing I read is that they’re now selling an Arlo Pro 2 with six cams, all on the same package without having to update the account level.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The 6 camera set has been sold for quite some time now but has a specific model number to be selected when first setting it up to have access to all 6 cameras.

Noodleman
Aspirant
Aspirant

The six camera bundle was not available at Costco when I purchased my 5 pack last Christmas, or I would have got that option instead. My point is that Arlo should either make 5 cameras their maximum limit before you are required to change  your plan, or provide a firmware update for those of us that bought a sixth. It's not like I purchased a competitors camera and I'm now trying to add it, they got their money from me for a sixth one and now it's nothing but a paperweight.

Dannybear
Master
Master
I recall reading somewhere here that if you get another base on another account you can then still access it through shared user on the App.
Hope this helps.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation