Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can the Arlo Chime be Triggered from Pro 2 Motion Camera Detection?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jdsylvester
Aspirant
Aspirant

Our setup is such that our Pro 2 cameras and Base Station are downstairs, while our bedrooms are upstairs. We are looking for a way to have a siren activated upstairs when motion is detected downstairs. I am not certain we would hear the sirens on the downstairs cameras while we are sleeping upstairs.

Looked into IFTTT options first. While a viable option, there seems to be more delay involved when introducing IFTTT into the notification process. We tried having IFTTT make a phone call to our phone, which had a significant delay. We might look into a siren plugged into a WeMo outlet next to see if the IFTTT activation is any quicker. I though first I should look into any possible Arlo component that might accomplish this without requiring an IFTTT interface.

Could the Arlo Doorbell Chime be set to activate its siren triggered by motion detected from a camera other than our doorbell camera?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

The answer to the question in the subject is "yes".

So I have no idea why this appears in Arlo Idea Exchange.

For help with making it work, try the appropriate section of this Community.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

The answer to the question in the subject is "yes".

So I have no idea why this appears in Arlo Idea Exchange.

For help with making it work, try the appropriate section of this Community.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
jdsylvester
Aspirant
Aspirant

Our setup is such that our Pro 2 cameras and Base Station are downstairs, while our bedrooms are upstairs. We are looking for a way to have a siren activated upstairs when motion is detected downstairs. I am not certain we would hear the sirens on the downstairs cameras while we are sleeping upstairs.

Looked into IFTTT options first. While a viable option, there seems to be more delay involved when introducing IFTTT into the notification process. We tried having IFTTT make a phone call to our phone, which had a significant delay. We might look into a siren plugged into a WeMo outlet next to see if the IFTTT activation is any quicker. I though first I should look into any possible Arlo component that might accomplish this without requiring an IFTTT interface.

Could the Arlo Doorbell Chime be set to activate its siren triggered by motion detected from a camera other than our doorbell camera?

jdsylvester
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just tried a quick test in a mode here and it appears it would work fine. All you need to do is to edit the rule for the camera(s) and use Add Device inside that rule to select the chime.

You can always just give it a try yourself to see if it's possible.

jdsylvester
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks very much for the verification. Just wanted to know if it would work before purchasing the Doorbell Chime.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@jdsylvester wrote:

I do this all the time.

I have a rule that tells the chime to "bong" when cameras sense movements.

You can even tweak the "Melody" so that you know which camera set off the chime.

Chime triggerChime trigger

Just another user
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation