Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
SAD2295
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I have turned off audio detection but the system still records audio.  How do I fully disengage audio detection?

Under Modes, Armed, Edit Rules, Camera 4 - it shows "if motion on for camera 4"  For the other cameras is shows  "If Motion or Audio on Camera 3".  This is what I want, but audio detection comes back on after a day or two on its own for Camera 4.  How do I stop this?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The verbiage makes no difference - that's just the description for the rule. If you don't want audio (why not?) go into each camera's audio settings (Settings, My Devices, your camera, Audio Settings) and turn off the mic.

SAD2295
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

First why - because this is an outside camera for which we only want motion detection.  There is a heavily trafficked street nearby.  But more important - I had already done the exact steps you suggest and the camera audio shows as off.  However, the camera continues to pick up audio.  The question is how to correct this problem.  

TIA,

SD

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are your recordings noted as audio or motion in the library? If audio, the only fix is to turn off audio detection in your modes and rules. What mode are you using? If a custom mode, try recreating it with yet another to see if that helps. If using the Armed mode, try removing the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync. Turn off audio detection for the camera again.

Having audio in your recordings is normal. Having audio trigger a recording depends on the setting in your rules. I have trains in my backyard so never use audio detection and it works fine.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SAD2295 wrote:

However, the camera continues to pick up audio.  

There appears to be some confusion on this thread between

• audio detection triggering a recording
  • recordings and live streams that include both audio and video

Can you clarify which of these two things you are concerned about?

Jpetty2160
Initiate
Initiate

@StephenB If I may jump in… I have Arlo to pro. All the cameras audio are turned off in settings. One particular camera steel records. It is especially aggravating as it will record continuous rain. How do I turn it off other than settings? Again it is off in settings but still recording.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation