Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't set up geofencing: Internal Error

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
star_boy_oz
Star
Star
Whenever I try to set up Geofencing using my Google Pixel 2, I can select address, radius, action modes and devices, but then when I press Next I get an orange header with Internal Error and I cannot proceed or set up geofencing. Why is this?
Our Arlo cameras work, I can changed armed/disarmed modes in the app, but I can't set up geofencing.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

star_boy_oz,

Are there any special characters in the address? If so, try entering the address without special characters and see if you still get the same error.

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Someone else has been posting a similar problem in the last few days. He happens to be from Czechoslovakia. By any chance could you be in a similar location?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

star_boy_oz,

Are there any special characters in the address? If so, try entering the address without special characters and see if you still get the same error.

JamesC

TR-8R
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is off-topic but Czechoslovakia no longer exists. The peaceful dissolution into the Czech Republic and Slovakia happened back in January 1st, 1993.
star_boy_oz
Star
Star

No, in Australia.

star_boy_oz
Star
Star

I think this was the cause, but I find it remarkable that the 'special' character that seemingly caused the problem was /.

The default location that Arlo found was 123 Fake Street, so I entered in our actual address of Unit 1 123 Fake Street, and an option appeared in the dropdown for 1/123 Fake Street, so I selected it.

Why does Arlo use Google addresses if it can't parse them properly? Is / such a wild and crazy character that it choked Arlo's little brain?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation