Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't log in-says already logged in on another device but not-Pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Simpora
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had my Arlo Pro 2 for a few months.  My use hasn't changed.  I have the app on my Samsung Galaxy and get notifications.  I have always either clicked on the link on the phone or used the option of going to my desktop and logging in to check there.  As of 2 weeks ago I started getting the message on my desktop that I cannot log in due to being logged in on another device.  Not true.  I have wiped the cookies, changed passwords and restarted my computer.  Nothing helps.  Nothing changed on my end so it must be on Arlo's end.  Any advice?

3 REPLIES 3
Cygne
Initiate
Initiate

I'm having the same issue on my Arlo Pro.  It started two days ago on the 14th.  I called Support and was told that my firmware was not up to date and that it would have to be updated manually.  He wouldn't tell me how to do it myself and insisted that the only way to fix it was to let him take control of my PC.  No thanks!  If HE can fix it on my PC then *I* should be able to, but he wouldn't explain how.  Even more confusing is that my phone app is fully functioning.  If it was a firmware update issue, one might think that it wouldn't be working other places.  

I'm less than happy!  Waste of $500.

Simpora
Aspirant
Aspirant

I LOVE my cameras and wouldn't think of returning them.  I just tried to open it using Mozilla and it works fine.  It only doesn't work on google.  So it is a glich that Arlo needs to work out with google and as evidenced by the other posts, must have just started with the last update since everyone is complaining that it happened recently.

Cygne
Initiate
Initiate

Since I can't delete my first post, I'm responding to it...

Just an FYI... Evidently the guy I talked to was NOT with Netgear.  I did a search on google and came up with a link that listed my question so I clicked it.  *duh*  It offered "Arlo Support" with a phone number and THAT was who I spoke with.  It was a company that came up as "Total Savvy LLC" in Georgia.  DON'T call.  Evidently it is just a scam to get onto your computer.  I don't let anyone log on to my PC remotely.  

My apologies to Netgear Support.  I did contact Netgear through a phone number listed on the site (though honestly, it wasn't easy to find).  After a 24 minute wait I got a very nice tech who got me up on an incognito window.  He told me that they were having issues since yesterday on Chrome and were working to remedy the situation ASAP.  

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation