Can't log in on Iphone IOS after App update 12-14-2022

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
nddomer1999
Guide
Guide

Ever since the IOS app updated for Arlo I am no longer able to login on my Iphone 12 pro. I type in my username and password and the face id tries to login and then it text messages me a code but it never leaves the login screen. I'm able to login on my IPad and on my Windows PC just fine so I know the login and password are correct. It seems like the IOS app is borked for the Iphone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nddomer1999
Guide
Guide

Yes, uninstalling and reinstalling was the first thing I tried before reaching out to the message board. I actually had to deregister my iPhone for 2factor authentication because I started receiving a message I exceeded the devices allowed for 2factor authentication. I did this by logging in from my windows pc and removing my iPhone as a 2factor device. Once I did this I was able to Re-register it for 2-factor authentication. I actually saw another post where Arlo was aware this is happening and they are working on a fix.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@nddomer1999 wrote:

It seems like the IOS app is borked for the Iphone.

It is working ok on my iPhone 12 mini.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app?

nddomer1999
Guide
Guide

Yes, uninstalling and reinstalling was the first thing I tried before reaching out to the message board. I actually had to deregister my iPhone for 2factor authentication because I started receiving a message I exceeded the devices allowed for 2factor authentication. I did this by logging in from my windows pc and removing my iPhone as a 2factor device. Once I did this I was able to Re-register it for 2-factor authentication. I actually saw another post where Arlo was aware this is happening and they are working on a fix.

Fletch7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, I removed the iphone as a 2-factor device on my pc, but when I go to login on the app on my new iphone 14pro it still won't allow me to 'trust' the new phone. I go through the process and hit 'Trust' and it grinds for a bit before a 'There was a problem trusting this device. Try again' message appears in red at the top of the screen. Did you do something different to get it to work? Thanks.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation