Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't Log In Via The Browser

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
dannyboy77
Aspirant
Aspirant

I try to log in with my MacBookPro and the log in screen just refreshes.

I'm not a computer pro, so if you have a step by step instructions, unlike the other answer to this same question. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Ok.  Two next steps to try.  Delete your web cache for the arlo site.  It is in Safari Preferences under Privacy, I believe.

If that doesn’t work, try a different browser like Firefox.  If you don’t already have Firefox, I recommend you download it and install it as a backup browser in case Safari ever becomes nonfunctional for some reason.  It is always good to have two browsers on a computer these days.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not a Mac user here but what antivirus software are you using? Some have been causing problems recently.

dannyboy77
Aspirant
Aspirant
No aftermarket antivirus installed
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@dannyboy77 wrote:

I try to log in with my MacBookPro and the log in screen just refreshes.

I'm not a computer pro, so if you have a step by step instructions, unlike the other answer to this same question. Thanks

Enter Arlo.netgear.com into the address bar in the Safari browser

Enter your Arlo username and password in the fields displayed on the screen.

Click on login.

That should do it.

dannyboy77
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you , but that is exactly what I have been attempting. Same results- log in screen refreshes with no message indicating anything wrong. I know my account works, as I can use the arlo app with my iPhone
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Ok.  Two next steps to try.  Delete your web cache for the arlo site.  It is in Safari Preferences under Privacy, I believe.

If that doesn’t work, try a different browser like Firefox.  If you don’t already have Firefox, I recommend you download it and install it as a backup browser in case Safari ever becomes nonfunctional for some reason.  It is always good to have two browsers on a computer these days.

dannyboy77
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.

The first solution, deleting Safari's Cache didn't work.   But using Firefox as a browser did solve the issue.

It's funny though, as I set up my Arlo account using Safari on this same MacbookPro without issue and have accessed my cameras several times with it to get the few more functions the app doesnt give. I mostly use the Arlo app on my IPhone though. 

Cheers, and thanks for your time

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@dannyboy77 wrote:

Thanks.

The first solution, deleting Safari's Cache didn't work.   But using Firefox as a browser did solve the issue.

It's funny though, as I set up my Arlo account using Safari on this same MacbookPro without issue and have accessed my cameras several times with it to get the few more functions the app doesnt give. I mostly use the Arlo app on my IPhone though. 

Cheers, and thanks for your time

You are welcome.

I’m glad one of the two options worked.  Safari works for me, so I’m surprised cleaning the cache (does that include cookies?) didn’t work.

Have a great day.

dannyboy77
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried loging on with Safari after using Firefox, and surprising, I'm able to log on again.

Maybe just a glitch.

I cleared the Cache and cookies before trying Firefox this morning.

Thanks again

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@dannyboy77 wrote:

I tried loging on with Safari after using Firefox, and surprising, I'm able to log on again.

Maybe just a glitch.

I cleared the Cache and cookies before trying Firefox this morning.

Thanks again

Good to hear.  Ours is not to question why...

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation