Can't Disarm Camera

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Homer712
Aspirant
Aspirant

Made the mistake of hitting "Arm All Devices" on my Base Station, now I have three Arlo Pro 2 cameras that I can't disarm. I had endless online chats with the Arlo support folks, but they seem as lost as I am. Tried removing every device, including the base station, but once it's added back in, and I add any camera, the camera ends up being armed. I tried resetting the Base Station, the cameras, and nothing works. At this point I may end up chucking everything and purchasing a different system. Not something that I'm looking forward to. Prior to the "Arm All Devices" incident, the system had been working perfectly for years.

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Homer712 wrote:

Made the mistake of hitting "Arm All Devices" on my Base Station, now I have three Arlo Pro 2 cameras that I can't disarm. I had endless online chats with the Arlo support folks, but they seem as lost as I am. Tried removing every device, including the base station, but once it's added back in, and I add any camera, the camera ends up being armed. 

Do you see "Library" as a menu option in the app?  Or do you see "Feed" instead?

If you see "Library": Are you using a custom mode that only arms some cameras?

If you see "Feed":  What mode are you using?

Homer712
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. At the bottom of my Arlo app there is a "Library" item, but clicking on that just brings up whatever has been recorded. I have not created any custom modes. Is that what I need to do? I'll need some help as this would be uncharted territory for me.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Homer712 wrote:

At the bottom of my Arlo app there is a "Library" item, but clicking on that just brings up whatever has been recorded. 

That's normal.  The app has two very different user interfaces, and I wanted to know which one you are seeing.

Back to the original problem:

1. Are you able to choose the disarm mode from the modes screen?
  2. Do you only have the three cameras, or do you have more that are working correctly?

Homer712
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for trying to help, but, after many, many issues with the Arlo products over the few years I had them, I've decided to pull the plug. Last night I cancelled my subscription. Again, thanks, but I'm done.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation