Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I connect an Arlo Pro 2 to an Arlo Pro base station?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mjb420
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I connect (sync) an Arlo Pro 2 to an Arlo Pro base station? I am running 3 other Arlo Pro cameras on the base

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yup. All wireless cameras can connect to all bases.

Mjb420
Aspirant
Aspirant

For several days now, including hours on phone with Arlo tech support, I have not been able to get an Arlo Pro 2 to sync with my Arlo Pro base station.  I have exchanged cameras with the store where I bought the Pro 2 and still no success.

At one stage, Arlo tech support told me I had to buy a Premium subscription for $129 - which I reluctantly did - still no success!  Then I was told I had to do a hard reset on the base station, which I did, then I had to take down all the cameras I have around my house and re-sync them to the base station - up & down ladders & de-installing / re-installing cameras and chargers!!!  Took many attempts and hours with Arlo tech support to get my EXISTING cameras re-sync’d!!!!!  Then I was told that the batteries and chargers must be exactly the ones that came with each camera (inference is that you can’t mix & match these - weird, as you can buy replacement batteries, etc??!!).

Very, very frustrated with all of this.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry, something is odd here. Batteries don't matter as long as they're charged. If you bring the cameras close to the base do they sync? Try both on battery power as well as plugged in withnno battery.

Mjb420
Aspirant
Aspirant
You are correct! Something odd here! Have tried every possible combination with Arlo tech online to advise as well. Cameras are 2 feet (600 mm) from base station.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

About all I can think of is a firmware mismatch - have you compared what you have installed on the base with what's listed in the Release Notes section here?

Otherwise, continue to work with your case - don't let it drop.

Mjb420
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Tech Support finally was able to assist me to get my add-on Pro 2 sync'd to my Pro base station.  It involved disconnecting the base station from the internet, turning off my ISP router, syncing the Pro 2 camera to the base station, then re-booting my ISP router and re-connecting the base station to the router.  My system of cameras has been stable for 48 hours now.  Hopefully will remain all good!

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation