Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I charge batteries without the base station?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SarahScz
Follower
Follower

Can you please tell me if I can charge the arlo pro 2 cameras at a different location as the base stations?

i have no way of telling if they are charging

TY

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It doesn't matter where you charge the cameras as long as you use the supplied charger and cable or the external charging station. Charging the batteries in the cameras allows you to use the app or web client to check charge level as it progresses (although you may need to refresh the page or log out and back in to see updated numbers).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master
I am not aware that you can charge the camera with battery via the base station USB port, forgiveness if I have misunderstood.
The base station USB ports are only for backup storage of your recordings and likely unable to charge them.
Use either the charger that came with the camera or purchase the stand alone charger pack unit.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It doesn't matter where you charge the cameras as long as you use the supplied charger and cable or the external charging station. Charging the batteries in the cameras allows you to use the app or web client to check charge level as it progresses (although you may need to refresh the page or log out and back in to see updated numbers).

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation