Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
sdrj
Tutor
Tutor

Hi

First post here as just recently purchased and wondering if it is possible to create a Mode/Rule that enables me to switch two devices on at same time.

e.g.

I have 2 camera's indoors and 3 cameras outside

Currently I have to switch each device on/off seperately for the indoors camera's to activate/disarm them when going to bed and getting up in the morning via mobile phone

Is there a way to activate/disarm them both in one go instead of setting each one at a time

Hope the above makes sense

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, it's all about modes, rules and the schedule. Read the FAQs here about them for full details. WHen you create a new mode, only put the cameras in the rules for those you want armed at some point in time. ANy camera without a rule is disarmed. Once you have modes and rules appropriate for various times, edit the schedule and add them into appropriate time slots.

sdrj
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for reply

Trouble is am unable to add another camera to any mode I create

Whenever I create a mode and then click next I am then shown all cameras

So I select one of them and click next

Motion and Audio Detected ... Next

Set Sensitivity ... Next

then am shown all cameras again and asked what action device do you want for this rule and the one I selected at begining is already selected ... click next

Set Record Video ... Next

Push Notifications ... Next

Then at the Rule Summary

If I then click the Add Device and add another camera and save (twice)

I then check back on the Mode created and it reads as:

'If Motion or Audio in Room 1' then record video for room 1 and room 2, (why would I want to record video at same time for both cameras ... I just want to arm them) does not say along lines of:

When go into this mode then Arm camera 1 and Camera 2 and another Mode/rule for disarm camera 1 and camera 2

By the way .. .setting up the Mode as mentioned and selecting it does not do anything at all ... no notifications or video recorded with any motion in front of either camera

If this is the correct way of doing it then something not right somewhere or something else am missing.

Looks like am stuck with turning each camera on and off individually when going to bed and then getting up in morning ... seems quicker to do that than try and create Modes/Rules ... unless I am wrong but that is what it appears to be to me as have 5 camera's 3 outside and 2 inside so creating Modes/Rules for each one multiple times is overkill to me

With normal burglar alarm installed you can just press a button on control panel or keyfob and it arms/disarms the alarm system but seems not so simple with Arlo Pro 2 ... correct me if I am wrong ?

Looks Like going to have to write another post as seems even setting Activity Zones doesn't work either (but that will be in another post)

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When creating a new mode, one camera rule is set up. To add camera rules to that mode, re-edit it and choose Add Rule. Pick another camera and set ip up as you need.  The Add Device selection is for multiple actions per detection. Many folks use this as nested rules:

cam1 detects, cam1 records

cam1 detects, cam2 records

cam2 detects, cam2 records

cam2 detects, cam1 records

Very useful for cases where two cameras are relatively close to each other but motion may not be picked up by one camera while the other one(s) does/do.

sdrj
Tutor
Tutor

Hi

Thanks  @jguerdat for reply but unfortunately still cannot do what I want

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation