Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I Set up arlo pro 2 on my router than move to a family member router?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
coachjerry
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I set up a family member's pro 2 on my router and then move it to their router once it's checked out? This will save me lots of time and travel.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@coachjerry wrote:

Can I set up a family member's pro 2 on my router and then move it to their router once it's checked out? This will save me lots of time and travel.

Yes, you can create an account for them, add their base station and camera(s) to that account, and check out the system using your router.  Then move it all to their home.

You might need to tune the motion detection thresholds after you get the cameras in the actual locations.

Note subscriptions are a bit tricky - you need to get them in the appropriate country (and the trial subscriptions are only available if you also purchase the cameras in the country you deploy them in). 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@coachjerry wrote:

Yes, you can create an account for them, add their base station and camera(s) to that account, and check out the system using your router.  Then move it all to their home.

You might need to tune the motion detection thresholds after you get the cameras in the actual locations.

Note subscriptions are a bit tricky - you need to get them in the appropriate country (and the trial subscriptions are only available if you also purchase the cameras in the country you deploy them in). 

coachjerry
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for the reply.
Will their base station need any special setup on moving it to their router? Or do I just connect the cable?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@coachjerry wrote:
Will their base station need any special setup on moving it to their router? Or do I just connect the cable?

All you normally need to do is connect the cable.  If they have an internet security package running in their router, there might be more to it.  But usually not.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation