Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can Arlo Pro 2 cameras work with another software program?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
billkex
Luminary
Luminary

I'm not a big tech guy, but maybe someone out there may know:

Can Arlo Pro 2 cameras work with another software program/app?

We all know these are great cameras, we have seen the quality, but the current software is CRAP. I am wondering if there is another software product or app that these cameras can be connected to?

I am really frustrated with the quality & the problems with this new software, and now looking for other alternatives.

Thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Software to do what? Software for what? Mobile? PC?

A browser is all you need for the latter.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
billkex
Luminary
Luminary
I'm looking for another way to monitor, view, operate, etc. my cameras via my desktop pc and my android phone.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The only access to these cameras is through the Arlo cloud.

There are potentially ways other ways to access or trigger the cameras (Alexa, homekit, etc), though there are lots of issues posted here by people who are doing that.  And those ways also go through the Arlo cloud.

NewfieDrool
Luminary
Luminary

Tricky but there are third parties that can be used but I think if I’ve read the Arlo stuff it’s a tad naughty and given the way the other communicates and the equipment used it’s a bit hit or miss to be honest and may well be more unreliable.

billkex
Luminary
Luminary

Arlo has really gone downhill from the time I bought my system (a little over a year ago) Lots of image quality issues.

Unless they get it straightened out, I foresee current customers replacing what they have.

The recordings are not reliable. The images are blurry, they skip framers, they suddenly speed up, etc.

Not worth the money we all paid.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation