Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can Arlo Pro 2 be active but disarmed like the Arlo Q - Notifications are insane

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
WinterParkJCW
Follower
Follower

Can the Alro Pro 2 camera's be disarmed but active like the Arlo Q indoor camera?    the notifications are killing me (email, app alerts).

with the Arlo Q camera you can have the camera on, see live feed, and be active, but have the camera disarmed so it doesn't send you alerts.  If you go into the "mode" section of the app you can have it armed, disarmed, schedule, etc which is AWESOME!

But with the Arlo Pro 2 I havent' figured out where to turn off the alarm notifications without turning the camera complete off.  what am I missing? how do you do the exact same thing with this Arlo Pro 2 as with the ArloQ (disarm, schedule, etc)?

thanks,

james

2 REPLIES 2
brh
Master
Master

@WinterParkJCW

Because the Arlo Q has to be connected to power all the time, unlike the other Arlo cameras which operate on batteries, the two systems work differently. The Arlo cameras were designed to record short clips when motion or audio is detected and not to view live for any long period of time. These cameras will not record while in the Live view except for manually inducing a recording.

While you could possibly create a custom mode and turn off the notifications while in that mode, I am not sure if you can eliminate notifications all together. Used to be you could only disable either text or email notifications but not both. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Brian

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @WinterParkJCW,

To add on with what brh mentions, you can disable both notifications through custom mode or even through armed mode.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation