Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
RedCab
Guide
Guide

I've had 8 Arlo cameras and 2 base stations in the same locations for at least 5 years.

Today noticed that the 4 cameras that attach to one of the bases have not been recording.

Tried to manually get "live stream" going. Fail.

I removed and re-added the cameras (got "success" notification")

I rebooted the base station for good measure.

I'm still getting the "Request Timed Out" error in both Chrome, Edge and iPhone app

The icon that turns yellow when the camera is sensing motion and uploading a video is stuck on yellow.

I've tried pulling the battery and repeating the remove / add cycle. Still getting that error.

What do I try next?

13 REPLIES 13
CLangley
Star
Star

I am having the same problem with the 3x Arlo Pro2 cameras on a VMB4000r3 base station. Cannot start the cameras manually, they are mostly not recording on motion detection, and if they do, the video is broken. Is it the recent version 1.21.0.0_4280_a58d08a firmware update being the cause? These cameras have mostly worked well over the last few years (other than a few bad firmware updates that got fixed). Currently, the cameras are completely useless. (They have not been moved or changed, the WiFi signal is good etc.)

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RedCab wrote:

What do I try next?

Try moving one of the cameras to the other base, and see if that makes a difference.

If it does, then try doing a factory reset of the base.

RedCab
Guide
Guide

@StephenB  - I did something very similar last night and it worked out. Thx.

For future readers...  try following this procedure exactly:

1. Turn off base station with on/off button.

2. Unplug base station. I left it unplugged ~ 10 seconds

3. Plug it back in (note to the less technically savvy: unplug at base station is ok, doesn't have to be at wall outlet)

4. Turn on base station with on/off button

In my multiple trials before I got it right, I re-cycled the base station by only unplug/replug and separately by on/off switch. Neither worked. Had to do it in the order 1 - 4 above.

karm
Tutor
Tutor

yes it did work for 2 days than same problem no recordings and not able to connect to cameras did it again and it is working.. hope more than a few days

RedCab
Guide
Guide

after the base station restart, did you delete the "bad" camera and then add it back?

karm
Tutor
Tutor

now shuting down and unpluging only last for a few hours before cameras are none responsive. this has been going on since the beginning of the month

karm
Tutor
Tutor

its all the cameras but i will try a complete redo of all of them

karm
Tutor
Tutor

ok removeed all cameras and reconected.. will update  in a few days.. i hope all is well

ArloWatcher
Luminary
Luminary

Ok, I've been experiencing the same problem for a while now. Today I said I've got to figure out what went wrong. What did arlo do now to screw with it's customers? I'll give this a try and see what happens.

ArloWatcher
Luminary
Luminary

Well, I'd like to try this, but my 4540r2 doesn't have an on/off button.

What I did do was,

1. Unplug the power from the back of the unit
  2. Unplugged the USB storage thumb drive
  3. Counted to 20
  4. Plugged back in the USB drive
  5. Plugged back in the power

Everything seems to OK for now, only time will tell.

ArloWatcher
Luminary
Luminary

One other thing I noticed was that my USB thumb drive was full. I did reformat it and wiped it clean. Maybe Arlo can't handle the thumb drive being full.

karm
Tutor
Tutor

update. removed all cameras did this reboot, synced all camers 1 at a time useing sync button on base and camera. so far seems to be fine but will update if problem returns

RedCab
Guide
Guide

2 added notes to my experience working thru this...

1) I removed the USB stick. Wasn't using it anyway.

2) I added back cameras using the mobile app process. That way I didn't have to dismount the cameras to re-sync

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation