Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras not consistent

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mandeemarie
Aspirant
Aspirant
My cameras will pick up people walking by from one direction but from the other direction they will only pick up once they are past the camera and walking out of the screen shot. Tried repositioning them and no charge. Any suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Post a screenshot for suggestions.

mandeemarie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Capturing motion from left to right on the camera works fine. But people coming from the right to left only get picked up at the very end of the recording. What gives? Any suggestions.? I posted screen shots so it’s easier to see what I’m talking about. Thanks!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I think the issue is that the people are much closer on the left. Max distance for people detection is ~25 feet so I think the left to right situation is always going to be better than the right to left. You can try increasing the motion sensitivity in your modes and rules but other than that you may need to reposition the camera. I wouldn't worry so much about the street sidewalks as I would just your yard and sidewalk to the door.

mandeemarie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Okay. I’ll just reposition them. Unfortunately I do have to worry about sidewalks as I have a crazy stalker and he likes to case the house on the periphery. Thank you for the reply.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation