Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras no longer recording video clip and only getting still shots. Checked settings.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
JeaniB
Guide
Guide

As of April 07, my cameras are no longer recording a video clip.  I am getting still shots only.  I have this problem from my phone, laptop and desk top.  I have checked my settings, I have the Smart Premier package but it states that 0 of 4 of my cameras are participating.  I get a pop up box asking me to "drag camera here to participate". There is nothing to drag, as the rest of the screen is blacked out when the pop up box appears.  

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? It's beyond frustrating. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JeaniB
Guide
Guide

UPDATE!!

I chatted with "Jay" and he fixed my problem.  I deleted ONE camera, disconnected my base from the electricity and waited a few minutes.  I then rebooted my base station and re synched the ONE camera and all works as it should.

Thanks Jay

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JeaniB
Guide
Guide

And now I can no longer view a live shot.  I get an error from my desktop saying "Maximum of 5 camera streams are supported simultaneously. Please stop one stream before starting another camera stream".  I only have 4 cameras synched right now as I am awaiting a replacement for a defective camera.  What the heck is happening?

DashKaz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes!!!   We have been having massive problems with our Arlo.  Have called Arlo support several times and not had the problem solved.  Today we are getting the notifications but they are only a still photo not a recording. I have also had the same notification that you received.   We have 10 cameras over 3 properties so we pay the yearly subscription and when I checked our subscription this morning it says we don't have any cameras loaded.  I have no idea why they have dropped off but we are getting really annoyed now.    

I would love some help!!  

Ps.  Glad its not only us having problems.  

oliveredwards80
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am also experiencing the same issue steel frame only recording and willnot do you live playback I get the same error message and only have forcameras
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the exact same problems.

JeaniB
Guide
Guide

UPDATE!!

I chatted with "Jay" and he fixed my problem.  I deleted ONE camera, disconnected my base from the electricity and waited a few minutes.  I then rebooted my base station and re synched the ONE camera and all works as it should.

Thanks Jay

Burris69
Aspirant
Aspirant
JeaniB
Guide
Guide

Good luck!  I do love having the convenience of a wireless system, but this system seems to have multiple failures.  Most of the problems I have had are eventually fixed but it is often a real pain! Best of luck and stay safe!

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation