Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras did not record

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
LRZ
Initiate
Initiate
Our Arlo system did not record any movements overnight, however the schedule was set to Armed. My husband came home late from a concert and I expected to wake up to several notifications on my phone, but nothing. Went in to the app and checked the library, still nothing. This is the first time this has happened and makes me concerned. Why would the system just not record? No errors or issues. Any suggestions to avoid this happening again?
3 REPLIES 3
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Mine has been doing the same every since this whole botched firmware updates they have been doing. Some people still having the rapid battery drain. My motion detection is hit or miss. Also the guy icon that lights up orange when motion is detected just randomly lights up without an alert or recording anything. The other day he lit up with the camera disarmed. I used to keep my motion sensitivity on 55% and it would catch everyone on sidewalk and a car here and there. But now i have to have it at 100% and sometimes it still misses people. It used to catch mailman everyday now its hit or miss even though theres mail in my mailbox
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LRZ,

Are you still seeing the same behavior? If you test by creating motion in front of a camera while it's armed, does it produce a recording?

JamesC

LRZ
Initiate
Initiate
They are working perfectly now. It was working like nothing had happened the next day during the scheduled armed period. It was just that one night it didn’t work. I have no idea what caused it, but I was hoping to be proactive and prevent it from happening again.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation