Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras detesting but nothing in library

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Theanna
Aspirant
Aspirant
Since yesterday the cameras are detecting motion but the library is empty of recordings. E-mail alerts are working and show the recordings.
9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure that you don't have a filter set in the library. Also, try a different device and a web browser.

Theanna
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
I checked filters. Nothing was filtered BUT under devices only 2 of my 4 cameras are listed.
Can you explain what you meant by trying a different device and web-browser. Both my wife and I are using iPhones to set and check the system and for both the library is empty when motion and sound have been detected. Yesterday I activated E-mail alerts and the recordings are working fine so the library function appears to be the issue.

Thanks.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Only seeing 2 of 4 cameras may be the root of your problem. Start by rebooting the base and reinserting batteries in the missing cameras. Are these cameras also missing in Settings, My Devices?

As for "different devices" I just meant try more than one device. You can also use a computer web browser set to https://my.arlo.com to view your system. If no computer, use a mobile browser to that URL but set the browser to use the desktop version of the site when you see the prompt to install the app.

Theanna
Aspirant
Aspirant
OK, via the desktop computer I see all of the library recordings that are missing from our iPhones. I will go ahead and reboot and remove the camera batteries as you advised.
Thanks
Theanna
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @jguerdat So I reset the base station and took-out the battery from the camera that was not showing in the library filter. Now there are 3 of the 4 cameras listed but still not the one I removed the battery from. All 4 cameras are showing under settings/devices. After all of those actions the library on the iPhones is still empty but in the desktop PC all the recordings are there.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Kinda sounds like there are a couple of issues here. For the app, start by rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app. For the missing camera, remove it from Settings, My Devices and resync it.

Theanna
Aspirant
Aspirant

Today @jguerdat all 4 cameras were showing in the library filter before I rebooted the iPhone and reinstalled the App.  So when we started this thread only 2 cameras were showing in the filter list and the other 2 added themselves separately within the last 2-3 days.  After the reboot and app reinstall all 4 cameras are still showing in the library filter (I have none of them selected BTW).  I just triggered a motion alert and still nothing in the library.  When I go to look at the library each day I can see a brief flash of the recordings on 7th, 8th and 9th March but they disappear very quickly and do not show up when I select those dates.  Still getting the full recordings by E-mail and on the desktop.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

At this point I'd suggest using the Contact Support link at the bottom here to see if they can figure out what's going on. They have access to logs that we don't.

Theanna
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, update from my side. Today also the E-mail alerts are not being received. The E-mail account is actively receiving other messages without problems.
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation