Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras continuously streaming

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dannybear
Master
Master
Should I be in conspiracy mode?

I have recently observed some weird behaviour with my cameras continuously streaming when triggered.
It doesn’t happen every time the cameras are triggered but becoming more numerous on my pro2 cameras at different times.

When it occurs it records a 5min clip to the library.

If I observe the mobile app dashboard, the camera has the motion trigger icon illuminated amber and the only method to stop the recording is to enter the camera settings and turn off the camera and turn it back on.

Whilst it is continuously streaming I can live view the camera which displays immediately and stop it and it will continue to stream.

I recall a number of reports on the forum in the past describing a similar theme.

It begs the question that if this is occurring without customers knowing then could this be a cause for poor battery life?

I also noticed that at times the base station operating mode sometimes changes, usually reverts after it has been manually changed via the app. E.g. I went out yesterday and set the base station to schedule mode from geofencing mode. Within a few minutes after I left it reverted back to geofencing mode.

It begs the question, is my system being accessed by a partner integration platform although I do not have any registered in the account?

I recall trying one or two back in the early days that were not useful and removing these but could they still be accessing my cameras?
E.g. Could someone with admin access in those partner integration companies be accessing my cameras and altering my system modes to prank me and so other customers?

How certain are we that by removing partner integration access within your account that the access has been disabled? We don’t have any logging available as a customer so how are we to know?
2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dannybear,

You can always change the password to your account if you feel it's being accessed by an integration or a user that you no longer want to have access.

When you notice this issue, does it occur around the same time? Is it always at night or during the day? Is there any other consistencies with the occurrence that could be noted?

JamesC

Dannybear
Master
Master
Hi JamesC,

Yes updating the account password would eliminate unwanted users or Integrations.

It would still be useful to be able to reference events related to operating status. You normally have this available when debugging so why can’t it be added into the backup USB like with the metadata files.

Regards the 5min recordings, these have since disappeared from the cloud library following the creation of this thread so points to someone with admin access but I still have the backup recordings on the USB from three days ago.

Looking at past history they seem to appear between midday an midnight +10GST.
All have exact length of 5min 4sec. The easiest occurs as far back in early 2020. Usually once or twice a month with a gap year of 2021.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation