Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Lisab75
Tutor
Tutor

Hi. My cameras have stopped recording. It must be to do with my subscription. I thought that i could still have recordings with a free subscription. I can only watch live. Is this right? Thanks for any help

14 REPLIES 14
danslim
Aspirant
Aspirant
Lisab75
Tutor
Tutor
Hey. I’ve tried calling and a live chat. Can’t get through on either. Have you tried getting in touch?
danslim
Aspirant
Aspirant

However, if I pick an old mode I created months ago, all seams to work OK except sending mails to an old email address

Lisab75
Tutor
Tutor
All a bit bizarre
danslim
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, This is my first attempt to get in touch with the community

danslim
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, very bizarre behavior! It is very annoying

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Lisab75

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

snaphook31
Aspirant
Aspirant

My barely detect motion, and they've progressively gotten worse over the last few months.

Dungeness
Aspirant
Aspirant
I posted a question here I have a similar problem. I’ve had Arlo pro 2 about six weeks. Out of the blue one of three cameras stopped recording. I removed the device and reloaded it but it doesn’t make any difference. Like you I can see live but not record. Where in the heck is Arlo customer support here?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Sugar50
Guide
Guide
No, your cameras should record and if you have a USB in your base station it can be saved. With the required new app download my entire Arlo system records intermittently and the batteries are draining at an unprecedented pace
danslim
Aspirant
Aspirant

I Called 1800-549-680 and I followed the below steps:

1. Go to Settings -> My Devices and Remove the base station (automatically all cameras were removed)
  2. Unplug all cables from base station
  3. After one minute, plug back in all cables
  4. Press the Reset button for 30 seconds
  5. Wait until all lights are green
  6. Bring back in all cameras one-by-one (press 2 secs base station sync button than go and press 2 secs camera sync button)
  7. Re-create all custom modes one-by-one
  8. When edit each rule, only one check box can be selected in How would you like to be notified? either Push Notification OR Send email alert

After all these steps the whole system including 4 cameras were back to normal 🙂

snaphook31
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried this and it didn't do anything.  Fedex just dropped off a package and they were 3 feet away before it sensed anyone.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @snaphook31

If you are experiencing issues with motion detection, you can take a look at this article regarding the best positioning for the wireless cameras. 

How do I position my Arlo wire-free camera?

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation