Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras are being triggered but no video recorded

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Clogman69
Aspirant
Aspirant

Could someone please tell me why 2 of my cameras are being triggered with nothing showing on recording playback? Also, sometimes it catches the motion too late and just shows the bumper of a car. Sensitivity is set at 92. I have attached clip to share.

3 REPLIES 3
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Clogman69 wrote:
Could someone please tell me why 2 of my cameras are being triggered with nothing showing on recording playback?

This may sound silly, but those triggers are set to record?

Those rules can get complicated and confusing.

You nay have it all set up as expected, but there is so little detail in your message that it is hard to tell.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Clogman69
Aspirant
Aspirant

Michael, what I'm saying is that when I look at recording history all I see and hear is the wind, nothing else and the camera's set for motion not audio. So, what triggered it to record ( no cars, people or animals)?

Thanks

Clogman69

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Clogman69 wrote:

when I look at recording history all I see and hear is the wind, nothing else and the camera's set for motion not audio. So, what triggered it to record ( no cars, people or animals)?

Your cameras detect motion using passive infrared (PIR) sensors - not from the image itself.  Wind can certainly trigger the IR.

92 is a rather high threshold, so I'd begin by lowering it to the default 80.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation