Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
yellow_flash
Guide
Guide

Hi,

My cameras are having issues remaining "online". Recordings and the live view are no longer working even though I am getting real-time motion detection alerts. This is extremely frustrating as I pay for a CVR plan for both affected cameras. Not only is the CVR functionality inhibited because of this issue, but normal motion detection recordings are not even uploading to Arlo's cloud.

I've tried the following to troubleshoot:
- Rebooting the base station (this works, but then I lose ALL the recordings from any motion detection events or CVR for that matter)
- Turning the cameras on and off
- Removing and adding the cameras is an issue as I am remote for most of the time.

What's worse is I can't even create a case with Arlo support because there was an "unexpected error" that wants me to reach out to Support

52 REPLIES 52
Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
The only thing worse than the reliability issues are Arlo’s seemingly uncaring attitude to said reliability issues.
I once had a moderator reply to me as if my problem was something so new and unheard of only to later find a two year old thread about the very same issue, and the same moderator was involved in it. Nice!
Tonytee
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have been waiting weeks for support to try and resolve this issue. Have tried all manner of things to resolve but with no useful results. Very poor situation.
macca__macca
Tutor
Tutor
I’ve had the same issue intermittently since I bought my pro 2 about 18 months ago. I’m pretty sure that the system is actually online - all lights are green and motion alerts can happen, it’s the utterly garbage app that’s the problem. It’s also why geofencing doesn’t always work - the app is terrible.