Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
yellow_flash
Guide
Guide

Hi,

My cameras are having issues remaining "online". Recordings and the live view are no longer working even though I am getting real-time motion detection alerts. This is extremely frustrating as I pay for a CVR plan for both affected cameras. Not only is the CVR functionality inhibited because of this issue, but normal motion detection recordings are not even uploading to Arlo's cloud.

I've tried the following to troubleshoot:
- Rebooting the base station (this works, but then I lose ALL the recordings from any motion detection events or CVR for that matter)
- Turning the cameras on and off
- Removing and adding the cameras is an issue as I am remote for most of the time.

What's worse is I can't even create a case with Arlo support because there was an "unexpected error" that wants me to reach out to Support

52 REPLIES 52
puyan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, I have had this problem for a while now. All my Arlo Pro cameras appear alright when I'm using the web and iOS apps, but some appear offline only when I'm using the Android version (I'm using the latest version for the Samsung S9+). I have tried to take the batteries out, re-installed the app, removed the cameras and re-synced them, cleared the app data and cache. And still the problem persists. Few updates passed and still no fix. I have also tried to sync the cameras with another base station, and all my devices are up-to-date.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @puyan

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Skihouse
Guide
Guide

My camera's go offline frequently. I purchased a third one just to see if it was the camera. Not the case! Wasted my $$$!!!

These are placed out doors to monitor our vacation home which is 3 hours away. Therefore, it's difficult to access them. I have a good, strong signal on all of them. I did read about interference. However, what could possibly interfere with camera's that are 15 feet off the ground? There are only a few other houses in the neighborhood.

I purchased this system over a year ago and I'm losing my confidence in these camera's. Very disappointed as I can't get a refund at this juncture.

Please help!!!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Do they all go off-line together, or do they drop out at different times.

If they drop out together, the problem is most likely the base (though it could be the internet service at the vacation home).  If you look at the full device settings, you should be able to confirm that the base is offline.  There's no good solution for that - though some folks have put in a programmable timer that will power down and restart the base every day.   Others use a smart switch that they control remotely.  Not a great solution, but it could help.

If there is interference (which I think is a big if in your case), it could be at the base station itself.  If the base is very close to your router, you could try moving it.  If you don't need wifi in the home when you are away, you could also just turn off the wifi in the router when you aren't there.

Skihouse
Guide
Guide

Hello Steve,

Thanks for your quick response.

I have 3 camera's, 2 outside and one inside. The 2 outside camera's went out first, then the third one went out the next day. So what I do is, everyday I go back in to see if they're working and sometimes one or all of them are back on line. I went on today and the inside camera is working again, while the 2 outside camera's are still out.

I just recharged them all 4 days ago and only turn them on when I want to view the house. I don't leave them on as the battery goes down. I don't like climbing a ladder every time we visit the house to recharge the batteries.

I will say that the base is 3 to 4 feet away from the router. Is this considered close?

I can try to move the base further from the router the next time I'm at the house if you feel that will help.

yellow_flash
Guide
Guide

I'm having the exact same problem as you. I have a mesh network in my house so signal coverage is not an issue. 

Arlo Support - if you are reading this, please recognize that this is an increasingly common issue with the Pro 2 cameras. 3+ discussions created with the SAME ISSUE within a week is not a coincidence.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Skihouse wrote:

I will say that the base is 3 to 4 feet away from the router. Is this considered close?

I can try to move the base further from the router the next time I'm at the house if you feel that will help.

Two of my base stations are that close, and they operate ok.  So you could try moving the base further, but I don't think WiFi interference actually happens as often as some people here assume.

Have you tried remotely restarting the base?

@Skihouse wrote:

I just recharged them all 4 days ago and only turn them on when I want to view the house. I don't leave them on as the battery goes down.

Do you actually turn them off in the app, or do you just change the mode to disarmed?

Arlosucks2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why can’t you fix your systems ?!
Including your so called “Help” and Customer Service !!

Skihouse
Guide
Guide

No. I haven't tried to restart the base. But I will.  Sometimes I use the app, other times I use my desktop.

My guess is that the batteries are depleted at this point , as it's been a few days since they went off line.

Ven0m419
Tutor
Tutor

Does this system always go offline and doesnt connect back up? I'm constantly getting the system is offline when I check my cameras. I pay for the best internet connection their is for a "home" service. I would not recommend these to anyone else who is looking for a good security system.

Skihouse
Guide
Guide

I tried the restart from the app on my phone. Now ALL the camera's are offline. I did have one that was working. Not any longer after performing the restart.

I'm very disappointed in this system after spending the $$$ I did and reading the same problem from other consumers. 

I've been putting up with this BS since I purchased this system last year. It does work good sometimes, but it's very undependable.

Would Arlo be willing to supply me with a new base system.

Arlo do read these posts. If so, a response would be nice!!!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Skihouse wrote:

I tried the restart from the app on my phone. Now ALL the camera's are offline. I did have one that was working.

Ouch.  Did the base itself come back on-line?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @yellow_flash

I have opened a case for you. Customer Support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided the case number for your reference: 41251534

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Iam having sort of the same problem sometimes I open the app and it shows my cameras are off line I then close the app and re-open and the cameras are back online so I think the problems are the app having problems ONCE again.

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Iam having sort of the same problem sometimes I open the app and it shows my cameras are off line I then close the app and re-open and the cameras are back online so I think the problems are the app having problems ONCE again.

puyan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, I have not yet contacted customer support. I came to the community first, hoping someone had the same issue and had a solution. I will try contacting them. Thanks!
puyan
Aspirant
Aspirant
I hope they fix this. It is really annoying, having to restart the app every single time. For me, sometimes the restart works but most of the time it does not.
yellow_flash
Guide
Guide

This particular problem isn't necessarily with the app as I have the same issue on both the desktop client and mobile app.

I suspect the issue lies within the Arlo servers as I have great WiFi coverage (mesh network) and my devices are constantly offline. 

If you read threw the first few pages, you'll find that a lot of threads has been created this week regarding this connectivity issue. Please create a support case with Arlo to bring this to their attention.

yellow_flash
Guide
Guide

Thanks. Appreciate the quick response. Can you assign my case to a L2/L3 support agent? L1 agents read through a book of scripted troubleshooting attempts which is quite tedious. Not only is both of our time wasted but nothing is being fixed.

Also, I'd like to know if there is a way I could access diagnostic logs for the base station and cameras. I'd love to troubleshoot this myself.

Ripcrip
Apprentice
Apprentice

we have the same problem in france.

i believe that'is a problem with the cloud of Arlo inc.

this application is now very slow and disconnect the base regulary. you must to restart manuallly the base and sometimes the camera  also.

a  very bad application now

Fonzie1973
Initiate
Initiate

I also experience  a lot of problems with the offline status of my camera's.The camera's say:" No internet connection". I rebooted the base station and also my router but there is no change. Other cameras in my house work great. Emailing support center gives also a error "2".  Also my neighbour has now the same problem with a different  provider. So the problem should be at Arlo. (location: Netherlands)

Skihouse
Guide
Guide

Yes, the base is on. My inside camera is now back on.

I believe the other 2 will not come back on as when they go offline, the battery gets depleted over a very short time.

I'm going to have to recharge and reset everything the next time I'm there. That's what I've been doing.

I just don't feel I should being going through this every time I go to our house.

When you purchase something, you expect it to work!

I'm going to BLAST Arlo within a review!!!

They never respond.

I do thank you for your help though.

At least I'm not alone.

yellow_flash
Guide
Guide

Glad to see that I'm not the only one with the issue. I also noticed that emailing support is hit or miss. I've had success after opening a new tab and clearing my cookies. Just make sure to copy the content of the email before submitting.

TimWiebe
Initiate
Initiate
Same problem. Go to check my cameras and all of them are off line. This is just uncalled for. For the price you pay for the system and it keeps going down. We had some adult males get caught fooling around the other night. Of course my cameras are off line. I have nothing to show for.