Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras & Doorbell Going Offline

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
sam1070
Follower
Follower

I have 20 cameras and about 5 Arlo lights plus two doorbells and one door chime

the Arlo system keeps on locking up and freezing and the cameras keep on dropping offline in addition the lights and the doorbell drop offline

it been happing with the old firmware and the new firmware that you guys pushed out

I am way past my return period for Lowes and the cameras I bought on amazon and the lights etc. so I am basically screwed unless this magical third tier of support can authorize a full refund of the cost of the system and the light doorbell and chime

with all the Arlo issues I am not sure I even want to remain a customer and I was planning on upgrading to ultra in waves however with all this hassle and the fact that the base system keeps on locking up and the cameras go offline makes me really question if I want to stay or not

I have replaced the base station and that did not help

I have completed rebuilt my network with all new routers and switches and set everything up as default

I set Arlo has the highest possible QOS opened all ports on my network at the router to prevent any potential issues and that did not fix anything

so, I am hopping some for the third team support sees this and can actually do something

1 REPLY 1
Bagabond
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Sam,

You will have to diagnose and solve these problems yourself.  If our experince is anything to go by you will not get any help from Arlo. 

If we work on the premise that Arlo's servers do basically work it must be either your equipment, account or the environment in which you have deployed your devices.   Move your base station(s) and cameras around to test for environmental issues.  We currently have serious issues with one of our three account types for example, and we will probably have to close it and deploy an alternative configuration.

You'll need an alternative internet connection (we have VDSL and 4G) and then methodically re-deploy your equipment until you find what breaks it.

If you need to rely on Arlo, or indeed any consumer grade comms gear, you really need to be able to remotely re-set your servers and base stations when they lock up.  This means you must have more that one internet service to each property.  We use inexpensive WiFi power outlet switches for a hard reset.  Commercial grade M2M equipment is supposededly 100% reliable but I have not found this to be the case with ANY of our consumer grade comms gear.

If you do get some help from Arlo support please tell us how you did it!!!!

Good Luck Sam

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation