Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Rhsm
Tutor
Tutor

Some of my Arlo Pro 2 cameras are showing hardware of H3 Firmware 1.125.11.4_29092 while others are showing H8 Firmware 1.092.0 19_26228.
Why are they different if there both Pro2?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rhsm
Tutor
Tutor

All my cameras stickers under battery show Pro2 and all look identical. I just checked the firmware again and the cameras showing as H3 is 29092 and H8 is 26228 (not 29229).
I thought maybe base station wasn't working correctly and swapped cameras to different base station. But they still show same hardware and firmware number. BUT... the second base station was a device under 1st base station. Not sure if they still picked up 1st base station info.
Thanks

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The *26228 firmware is for a Pro camera, not the Pro 2. You sure all of your cameras are Pro 2s? The Pro has an all black surround for the face of the camera while the Pro 2 has a white one.

Rhsm
Tutor
Tutor
When I remove the battery the sticker shows Pro2. All the camera faces are the same.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Okay. Reboot the base. Remove the old firmware cameras from Settings, My Devices and resync. That should trigger a firmware update. Be sure to re-add those cameras to any custom modes you may have.

Rhsm
Tutor
Tutor
Ok. I'll try this tonight and let you know the outcome. Thanks
Rhsm
Tutor
Tutor
Restarting base station from app, removing cameras from device list and resyncing didn't help. Still showing H3 hardware and same firmware as before.
Here is the camera model number ZMC4030P from inside camera (which shows Arlo Pro2).
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You made me look at mine. All are H3 hardware and are on 29092. I don't have any newer ones so can't test that. It would appear that what you see/have is normal and I would guess that the hardware version makes the difference for whatever reason. I also note that the Release Notes entry for the Pro 2 for Oct. 14, 2018 has a firmware version of 26229, not 26228. Was that a typo? The 26228 of the same date is for the Pro cameras.

Since you tried the H3 cameras with no success as well as the fact that they seem to be on the latest firmware, try removing and resyncing an H8 camera to see what happens.

Rhsm
Tutor
Tutor

All my cameras stickers under battery show Pro2 and all look identical. I just checked the firmware again and the cameras showing as H3 is 29092 and H8 is 26228 (not 29229).
I thought maybe base station wasn't working correctly and swapped cameras to different base station. But they still show same hardware and firmware number. BUT... the second base station was a device under 1st base station. Not sure if they still picked up 1st base station info.
Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unless @JamesC can jump in with info, I'd open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Rhsm
Tutor
Tutor
I figured it out. Even though all the cameras look identical I finally looked at the sticker for the H8 cameras. They are in deed Arlo Pro camera. Didn't think to look at the H8 camera. Figured higher version H8 VS H3 would be newer model.
Now I know 1 have 2 Pro cameras.
Thanks for your help.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Whew! Externally, the only way to tell is by the ring around the black face of the camera. The Pro has a black ring while the Pro 2 has a white ring. Glad you figgered it out!

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation