Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras (3) will detect motion with icon, but will not record or send notifications.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Congar21
Guide
Guide
They will detect motion showing the icon lit up, but will not record or send notifications. I need these cameras to work, I use them for my gma with dementia... please help!!!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Congar21
Guide
Guide
Thank you!!! I removed all of my cameras this morning and then added/synced them back to the base... this has fixed the problem for now. We’ll see how long it lasts. 🤞🏼 I haven’t had a problem with Arlo Smart yet.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The very same thing happened to me on all four cameras. More than an hour chatting with a person who just asked the same seven questions over and over and over again. And then...asked them again. (I could send you a copy of the transcript!) It was VERY frustrating.

But a few hours later it just corrected itself. So I can’t tell you what fixed it. Wish I could offer some help, God knows we Arlo customers need it.

Congar21
Guide
Guide
I pray that it will fix itself. It’s been 14 hours now... how long was your out?
Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Not to sure. It was a Saturday morning that I noticed it first thing on waking up so not sure exactly what time over night it failed. But within a few hours in the morning it was working again.

MechOps
Tutor
Tutor

I was having this issue as well. Seems to have started earlier today (October 11). So I removed the camera from the system and re-synced it. This seems to have fixed the problem where it was showing motion detection but wasn't recording to the LIbrary. But now my Arlo Smart is all messed up. It shows that I'm subscribed but it's not letting me add my camera to Smart Notifications or Package Detection. I've got another post about this particular issue.

MechOps
Tutor
Tutor

Aaaaand I'm back to the app showing that it's detected motion, but nothing gets recorded to the Library. This is getting ridiculous. If this was a widespread problem I would expect to see update posted to https://status.arlo.com/. But nothing.

C'mon Arlo, what's up?

Congar21
Guide
Guide
I removed all of my cameras this morning and then added/synced them back to the base... this has fixed the problem for now. We’ll see how long it lasts. 🤞🏼
Congar21
Guide
Guide
Thank you!!! I removed all of my cameras this morning and then added/synced them back to the base... this has fixed the problem for now. We’ll see how long it lasts. 🤞🏼 I haven’t had a problem with Arlo Smart yet.
MechOps
Tutor
Tutor

I removed and re-synced my camera again but it still was not recording to the Library. And Arlo Smart notifications were still not working. So I called tech support (the gentleman I spoke with was very helpful) and they recommended I cancel my Arlo Smart subscription and then add it back. I did that yesterday (didn't help) but figured I'd try it again. This time it worked - recordings are again going to the Library and Arlo Smart is back to sending the right notifications. 

It's pretty annoying that you have to cancel the sub and then add it back just to get the system to properly function.

Amop33
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issues off and on. Done all of the previous fixes many times. Starting to get annoying. Expensive but unreliable. If not 100% motion detection and capture, than what are we doing?
Congar21
Guide
Guide
Yes... that’s pretty annoying! I hope this latest fix lasts for you. I don’t want to jinx myself, but, mine is still working so far.
Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Ya’ so.....it all went to crap on me today. Motion, yes. Video and push notifications, no! Nothing recorded to Arlo cloud I guess but every video is on my USB stick. Nothing in my library either.
And my new Arlo doorbell is not working also.
Had to take EVERY CAMERA DOWN, REMOVE FROM APP, PULL BATTERY AND RE SYNC EACH AND EVERY UNIT!!!!!!!!!
If this becomes a regular thing I will scream.
ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

@Reallyconfused   Sad to say, this will likely continue to happen. I have this problem 3 or 4 times over the past year. It's a royal pain to have to delete cameras, then re-add them. It requires a ladder, then I have to spend a lot of time redoing all my geofencing/schedules. I really hate ARLO. Today, the cameras are sending push and they are uploading video to the servers, but beyond that, I have no idea where the videos are. They aren't in the library. These cameras aren't dependable for security, and certainly not for something like keeping tabs on older people. 

MechOps
Tutor
Tutor

I'm back to... issues... again. Arlo Smart notifications are working (hooray), but nothing shows up in my Library. Videos are making it to my attached USB drive, though. So we've got that going for us. 😐 Which is nice. Guess I'll yet again remove the Arlo Pro 2 camera from the system, pull the battery, re-sync it, etc. Third time's a charm? Oh wait, no this is like the 4th or 5th time I've tried this over the past week.

What's annoying is that I have an original Arlo Pro hanging out in my backyard, happily recording every squirrel, cat and possum that crosses in front of it. It does not have Arlo Smart. Which makes me wonder if something is wonky with the Smart system.

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
It would not SO bad if the system was a quarter of the price, but what we have paid for these cameras really makes it upsetting.
Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation