Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera records every 1-2 minutes. How to stop? One camera doesn't have push-to-talk?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ostrander50
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two questions I hope someone can help me with.

1) I have two cameras that always records every 1 to 2 minutes. For 11 to 18 seconds. Nothing around them that would make it go off. Sometimes even two or three times in the same minute. This is too much. How can I stop it ? I even adjusted the motion detection percentage to below 50, like 35%. It still does it.

2) All of the cameras except one, and I don't know why it doesn't, has a microphone that you push to talk on, but known of them work. Any suggestions? Are what do I need to do to allow me to talk live?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) Make sure you're changing sensitivity in your modes and rules, not in the motion test. Read the FAQ here on this subject if unsure how to do this.

2) The camera audio output can be low. Are you sure nothing is coming out or is it just quiet? Try a computer browser to test since you can adjust mic gain on a computer but not on a phone.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) Make sure you're changing sensitivity in your modes and rules, not in the motion test. Read the FAQ here on this subject if unsure how to do this.

2) The camera audio output can be low. Are you sure nothing is coming out or is it just quiet? Try a computer browser to test since you can adjust mic gain on a computer but not on a phone.

ostrander50
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the info. Where do I find the FAQ for this, I don't see it on the screen. That is exactly what I adjusted was the motion sensitivity.

So in order to check and adjust the speakers, I need to take them all down and connect them to the computer to adjust it. Did not know that. Where can I do that on the computer? On the phone, the speaker volume is at 100%.

Jintek
Guide
Guide
Definitely check your sound sensitivity, setting sound detection to a level 5 will get you unwanted alerts and recordings. I rely only on motion detection.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ostrander50 wrote:

Thanks for the info. Where do I find the FAQ for this, I don't see it on the screen.

https://kb.arlo.com/1114344/How-do-I-use-the-motion-detection-test-for-my-Arlo-device is the FAQ for the motion detection test.  That gives you some idea on what motion sensitivity threshold you should use.

Applying that threshold to the rules is described here: https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation