Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera operating but not recording

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mac82gyver
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have one camera that is operating in live mode but apparently not recordung and saving to the library. Can someone advise as to what I can try before I submit a ticket with support?
7 REPLIES 7
Dannybear
Master
Master
Reseat the camera’s battery, power cycle the base station. Check if recording ok while in live view. Check the camera rule in the armed mode is set correctly, if yes, delete the camera rule and rebuild. You could as a last resort removing the camera from the account and re-adding.
Hope this helps.
mac82gyver
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can you provide the steps for checking the camera rule and how to delete and rebuild
mac82gyver
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok records manually to library in live view mode. Checked the camera rules and it is checked to save in library and to detect motion. I rebooted the base station by unplugging then replugging the power cord and that did not resolve it. So I guess my only steps left is to remove the battery and re install it and then if that doesnt work then remove the device and reinstall it
Dannybear
Master
Master
Have you had a chance to reseat the battery in the camera, pull out battery and reinsert.

To re-add a camera rule, edit the running mode, select the wanted camera rule, delete it, then add a rule using your wanted camera and follow the prompts.

To reinstall the camera in your account, go into the wanted camera settings, choose remove device, then choose add new device and follow the prompts.
Hope this helps.
mac82gyver
Aspirant
Aspirant
Dannybear. Will let you know
mac82gyver
Aspirant
Aspirant
Dannybear had to comoletely remove that camera and reload it but working fine for now. Thanks for the help
Dannybear
Master
Master
Thanks for letting us here know, at least you didn’t have to remove the base station, hey!
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation