Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera not detecting the car at dark

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
mkilic
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is really surprising to that Arlo pro 2 camera does not detect the car while drive way to get into my garage and this is not just once, this is happening all the time. I do not understand why it does not happen. Car lights are on as well! Any help, I am not happy about that I am even thinking of returning if this issue continue. I can also record manually and send it if helps to fix the problem

Thanks 

9 REPLIES 9
steve_t
Master Master
Master

What sensitivity setting are you using? Do you have the car coming directly towards the camera?

mkilic
Aspirant
Aspirant

The sensitivity that I am using for that camera is 100. I attached the screeshot and the video as well.

Video:

SS:Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 7.08.33 PM.png

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

Car is detected and showing clearly in video.

mkilic
Aspirant
Aspirant
I sent the video when the camera detected since I was asked how the car is approaching but my post light was on that time when it was detected. So if there is no light, it does not detect the car
steve_t
Master Master
Master

That should pick up but I'm wondering if it's due to the positioning of the camera and the roofline obscuring the PIR motion sensor. Perhaps try moving it elsewhere, even if just temporarily. If this is the position you desperately want, try invert the camera and also invert it in the settings so the video is the right way up. This will put the motion sensor further from the building

mkilic
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why do you think that roofline obscuring the PIR motion sensor? 

Actually the video that I shared is already inverted and same thing in the setting too. 
I attached the setting page for that too. I am not sure if 
it is faulty camera or something else.

Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 1.29.31 AM.png

steve_t
Master Master
Master

OK, either way, I'd position the camera elsewhere, probably lower and more off to the side. PIR sensors don't work well when the IR object moves towards the camera. They work well when the IR signal moves across the field of view breaking "multiple beams"

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Unfortunately, I can't see your attached photos til one of the mods or admins here authorises it

dezi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Try to re-postion the Motion sensor with an angle. Motion sensor does not work well, when the object is moving toward the camera in a stright line.

steve_t wrote:

OK, either way, I'd position the camera elsewhere, probably lower and more off to the side. PIR sensors don't work well when the IR object moves towards the camera. They work well when the IR signal moves across the field of view breaking "multiple beams"

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation