Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Cortizone
Guide
Guide

Arlo Pro 2 - 5 camera system Installed October 2018 I have all the cameras on the same schedule. All are armed from 9pm-8am. Only one of the cameras is armed from 8am-9pm. Everything has been working fine until last week. The most active camera of the 5 (active because of my dogs) records many events from 9pm until we retire for bed. We usually awake between 7-7:30 am, and I immediately let the dogs out. The camera should detect their and my motion up until the 8 am stoppage, but has stopped detecting during this period. All other hours of the schedule seem to work fine. I have deleted the schedule and reset it with no improvement. Anyone got any ideas on what the problem might be?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for clarifying. If you use the Arlo app, try checking your schedule to see if it shows correctly as how it is on the web client.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

put that camera in the schedule and during time, confirm that it is actually armed... the motion icon is black.

If NG, then power button reboot the base and/or reset the camera by pulling then replacing battery

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Cortizone
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the ideas, TomMac...

I would still like someone to chime in on HOW this anomoly can happen...i.e. camera records most of the time during the "armed" period, but not during the last hour of the armed period?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Cortizone,

You can also try testing on the web client on your computer (if the schedule was created through the Arlo app) to see if that may have cause an issue.

Cortizone
Guide
Guide
What do you mean by testing? BTW, I always create my schedules using the PC client not the app.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for clarifying. If you use the Arlo app, try checking your schedule to see if it shows correctly as how it is on the web client.

Cortizone
Guide
Guide

Thank you JessicaP...you may have discovered the source of the problem!  When I checked the schedule using the app (as opposed to the web client), only Monday was set as active on the 12am to 8am time slot...the other 6 days were blank!

I activated the other 6 days and will post back tomorrow oon whether that fixes the issue.

Thanks again!

Who would think that these two (app and web client) would update the schedule independently!

Cortizone
Guide
Guide

Thank you again to JessicaP!!

Your suggestion to check the schedules in both the web client and the app version and make sure they both had the same schedule (mine was different), was the solution.  My app version was not set to record everyday like my web version (not sure how that occurred).  Once corrected, it works as it always had for the past 6 moths. 

I let the dogs out at 7:42 this morning and by the time I let them back in, there were 8 recorded events in my library.  YAY!!

Thanks again.

Gold Star to JessicaP!

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation