Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera no longer recording video

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
dsantanaocca
Follower
Follower

I have a few ARLO Pro 2 cameras that I purchased in 2017 that are no longer recording video.  It appears I now need to subscribe and commit to a $9.99 monthly plan.  Not happening!  When I bought the cameras, which I paid over $400 for, a subscription was not required.  If it was I would not have paid this kind of money for these cameras.  There are plenty of other options if all I want is to have a video camera.  Is this the deal now, people need to have another monthly expense?  I'm trying to find out if a subscription is indeed required.  If, as it appears to be the case, a subscription is required then it's time to throw these things away since it will be useless to me.  I'm sure I can find something for much less.  I guess, althought the cameras still work, I need to be satisfied with the fact that I had for 5 years.  I guess it's time to get rid of these.  I can say I won't be buying ARLO again, they are pricey!

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dsantanaocca wrote:

I have a few ARLO Pro 2 cameras that I purchased in 2017 that are no longer recording video.  It appears I now need to subscribe and commit to a $9.99 monthly plan. 

No, you should still be getting the free 7-day cloud storage that was included with those cameras.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

One way to confirm that you still have a working library is to live view a camera and manually record confirming you get the recording in the library.

If your not getting triggered recordings to the library then the camera’s firmware has locked up and needs a reset. Pull battery and power for 10sec.

SirDigby
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you fix this?

I am now wondering if a recent change has impacted older units and the 7 day free policy has been impacted for some users. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation