Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera keep going offline without internet interruption

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Rob8802
Aspirant
Aspirant
My camera keep showing offline even tho there is no interruption with internet help please
12 REPLIES 12
mtprochaska
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue. Called support today and they advised to reset the entire system. I told them that this was happening ever since they pushed out the update his week. 

Rob8802
Aspirant
Aspirant
ok thanks
Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Update this week? I wonder why my system does not see it

Nondescript
Tutor
Tutor
Same. Purchased system on Aug9, and upon installation, downloaded latest firmware updates. Noticed cameras were missing significant activity (on 100% sensitivity). Opened app to see device statuses, and cameras were offline. Restarted base station, cameras came back online. This has happened to me three times in as many days.
Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Wow. I need to double check that I have two more weeks for a refund. I mean, mine has not been TOO bad......yet. Two events in two weeks but otherwise working well. But the things I’m reading.....

Nondescript
Tutor
Tutor
Just called Arlo tech support and they advised that wi-fi interference on the 2.4 Ghz band may be the culprit. They recommended that I change the channel for the 2.4Ghz band in my router settings. Mine happens to be automatically selecting channel 1 as the optimal channel with no option for setting it manually, so I suppose I'll be on the phone with AT&T support this week.
Dannybear
Master
Master
So support didn’t mention that this is a known issue with the base station firmware causing the base to lockup twice a day then?
Nondescript
Tutor
Tutor
No. Only offered interference.
mtprochaska
Aspirant
Aspirant

I reset the entire system and took everything off line and removed the cameras. I still had the most up to date firmware on it. I also moved the base station and plugged it right into my router. Was using an extender recently. So far seems to be working better. 

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I spoke to two co- workers today who both have to different brands of systems. They both said these sort of things are common with their brands also. I guess we just need to settle and accept it all.
As long as it works 90% of the time.
Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Ok, mixed up my 2,s
LC-BeachBum
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue with my closest camera which is in line of site with the hub, and also my door bell keeps going offline.
Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation