Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera is not picking up motion

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TSTEEL
Follower
Follower

My cameras dont pick up what I want I have tried to adjust sensitivity but they dont pick up everything and what they do see is only the tail end of movement, how do I fix this?

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First, are you adjusting the Sense Level in the arming MODE?  ( not in motion test area )

You need to edit the mode and then increase the sense level.... most of mine are about 90-92%

Second, motion detect to respond good also requires good placement.  Motion across the FOV is better than straight on. Also that the PIR detects people to a max of 25ft so don't try to cover an area larger than that.

Third, there is a sort of trick which APPEARS to make the camera respond faster to motion...

Crop the video picture to about 15% smaller ( in settings of camera ) and then re-aim the camera to what you want to cover.

Because the PIR covers the entire view regardless of the cropped view, motion that happens outside the view will trigger the camera so it will seem to trigger faster.

Also, in some places, I found it better to move the camera from the area to opposite an area... orig my camera was by door but captured people walking away, I had to move that one away to face door... now when walking in it triggers and I get faces when they turn around to leave ( 35 sec record time )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation