Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera is 5 ft away from base Station but bad video. Other 2 cameras are 30-50 ft away but no issue.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Vladi
Follower
Follower

This started in the last few days but getting bad video smugged just from 1 camera. The camera is literally 5ft away from the base station and 7 ft away from my router. The other 2 cameras are 30-50 ft away and they don’t have issues with the picture.
Do I have bad camera?

2 REPLIES 2
E_Sant
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just received and installed my Arlo Pro 2 system. I have the two camera setup. One camera has great picture quality/resolution yet the 2nd camera has poor resolution resulting in ”grainy/pixelated” picture image quality. I tried pairing the camera again and restarting it but that did nothing. I relocated the camera to several locations around the base station and again, no difference in image quality. I Carefully and properly cleaned the lens thinking maybe that would help and again, no difference. Can anyone make any suggestions. I tried changing the power settings as suggested by the manufacturer but that did not help either. Please help.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A bad camera can certainly do this. Since you've tried what I would have, too, I'd swap at the store.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation