Camera constantly armed

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
frossmark
Aspirant
Aspirant

Paying member and contacted support just to be rudely disconnected respectively pushed away.

One of my Arlo Pro 2 is constantly armed and I can't get it to unarm.

• no schedule changes had been made prior 
    • I tried to move the camera in to different schedules with no success
  • battery was removed for several minutes
  • base station was rebooted
  • phone app is current 
  • FW is current 

Contacted the support - they did go through the same steps and then told me move the camera to another location and swap batteries.. and with that they quickly ended the chat.

Sorry - I am PAYING for this - and this is NOT how you should handle customers - the CAM obviously is hung up on a wrong schedule, the battery has nothing to do with this and moving it to another location? What pissed me off is that the chat literally was just ended.. If Arlo wants to explain themselves, check my still open case.. 

Seems like the community here is my last hope before I see a need to go more public.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

frossmark,

You might consider removing the camera from Settings > Devices  and then resyncing. Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

frossmark,

You might consider removing the camera from Settings > Devices  and then resyncing. Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

frossmark
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did exactly that last night as my last straw, and it worked.

Still - the support just brushed me off and rudely ended the chat by telling me swap the battery and move the CAM to a different location - chat ended before I did have a chance to even reply...

The suggestion to remove the CAM from the portal and sync it back in did never come up, I am still pretty disappointed in the way the customer support handled my request, I was reasonable until the end of the chat.

Working as IT Manager I deal a lot with support people, I am always nice - this was rude on their end and is not acceptable IMO.

Closing this, though - not worth stressing any more about this. 

Thanks for your suggestion, as mentioned I had the same idea and it helped.. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation