Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera Arlo Pro 2 (VMC4030P) cannot sync with base (VMB400)

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
fgout
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I'm stuck with 2 new VMC4030P. None of them are booting up. When I remove the battery and put it back again, I have a blue light and then it seems to be turning off and never respond again to any press button on sync. 

I waited for 15 minutes , no change. I charge the battery during one hour. No change.

I was able to get an amber light a few days ago but was never able to sync it with the base station (which is well recognized and searching for new cameras but never finding these two VMC4030P.

I can't imagine those two are faulty...

Please advise

Regards

Florian

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're just briefly pressing the base sync button (don't hold it for 2 seconds) and then pressing the camera sync buttons, right? Do the camera LEDs blink at all after you press the sync buttons? They should be blinking a slow blue flash. Is it possible you're not pressing the sync button but the battery cover release button instead or that you're not fully pushing the sync button all the way?

You can open a case with support if you need to:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

fgout
Aspirant
Aspirant

I should have said that of course I followed-up every basic recommendations and I didn't mixed up the two buttons...

Also, you can imagine that I tried every kind of possible combinatory. 

No led are blinking after any kind of process, even the simple process of pressing the camera sync buttons.

I'll open a case because it looks like faulty cameras.

It says a lot about the quality of the product.

Rudi_63
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are you close to a wireless router?

If so try to go further away.

The router gives sometime interference with the basestation.

fgout
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo support is a very bad joke. 

I called them and they opened a case. Someone called me back and during almost one hour we covered the common procedures and of course (and to some extents unlikely). At the end, the guy (a nice guy) told me that an expert should call me back. Nobody did. 

last week, my ticket has been closed with a satisfaction survey.

Honestly, I have multiple automation systems at home (and camera). This is the FIRST time I face such situation. This is not serious.

And I don't talk about live chat that never works or other way of contacting support that are disorganized and chaotic.

Dannybear
Master
Master
I take it you got a support case email asking for your input, correct?

I’ve had these but never knew what I was meant to do with them.

Seems that you can just reply to the email to update your case details. These reply email then get placed in a que that someone in arlo reads and places your input (your comments) into their internal fault management system under your case number. I think that this can take quite awhile if the work load gets bad.
If you have a caseworker assigned, they will not get alerted to new inputs from you until they happen to browse their fault cases.

You should also find in your support case email a link that can take you directly to the client input interface of the fault management system where you can enter in your input and submit. This method should alert the assigned case worker that new input has arrived so he can respond accordingly if needed. This link never worked for me until recently.

Again, support response is usually what they need from you so you need to gently prod them from time to time to keep the fault case active.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation