Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Omnia
Tutor
Tutor

CVR is horrible. Trying to review footage never works. Timelines are all out of whack!! And it usually takes an insane amount of attempts to view recording. Also sometimes it just stops recording so if your not checking to see if your cameras are capturing video regularly you could be screwed one day if you need critical footage. Also the system ocassionally just loses its configurations. Modes disappear...settings randomly changes and you’d be force to set it all up again. This is an excruciating process if you have many cameras! I would not recommend this product at all as a security system. I’ve had it now for a couple years and have had nothing but problems. Switching internet providers or equipment doesn’t resolve issue. The product is just horrible and not worth cost. I would highly encourage everyone to use another security system like ring and don’t buy into this product thinking it will improve. It’s have only gotten worst over the years.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Omnia
Tutor
Tutor

I’ve had a change of heart. It appears that the most recent updates have fixed most of my issues. Nice work!  I’m sticking with Arlo!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Dannybear
Master
Master

Have you posted here before? Just that you mentioned that you have had the system for a couple of years.

I don’t use CVR so unable to comment but is your experience based on using the web browser to navigate or on the App?
If it’s the iOS App, a new update version came out recently that may help.
Regarding the system settings being corrupted, are you using any basic activity zones on any of your cameras? I get this corruption also if they are activated. If so suggest you delete them from the camera settings.

There are plenty of helpful people here on the forum to ask.

Omnia
Tutor
Tutor

Sorry for late reply.  This was my first post but I have been using community to find solutions to problems in the past.  The product is just severely severely flawed. I've tried to stick with the system hoping that it would improve over the years and even with the most recent update it still hasnt fixed any of my issues.  As matter of fact I;ve now discovered that motion detection doesnt work while CVR is enable.  Did some research and this is a problem that have been existing for years with no solution and you're never told.  So who knows what activity has occured at my locations that I havent been alerted too.  I;ve decided to migrate away from this product.  Its horrible! 

Omnia
Tutor
Tutor

I’ve had a change of heart. It appears that the most recent updates have fixed most of my issues. Nice work!  I’m sticking with Arlo!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Omnia

I am glad your issue is resolved. Let us know if you have any further questions. Have a great day!

carsoncat
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have tried numerous times to view a particular time of night on the timeline.  Today I wanted to view movement on a camera at 5:44am according to the timeline.  I go to that time on the timeline and it constantly jumps to 5:26am.  If I click back on 5:44am, I am repeatedly shown 5:26am.  I am basically locked out of viewing certain times.

I have to list this problem under ideas because there is no other way to ask for help.  I will not call the technical support in BFE again.  Waste of time.

carsoncat
Apprentice
Apprentice

Timeline jumps around when you try to view a specific time.  I tried to view movement activity at 5:44am this morning and the timeline won't let me see it.  It constantly jumps to 5:26am.

Very unhappy with CVR that has gaps in time also.  Todays problem did not involve a gap.

VinnyE
Tutor
Tutor

When I try to view the time line it will show live video but if I try to view anything earlier it does NOT show anything. No video but the time line itself and the time display is moving as if it is playing video. But NO video. I've tried the app on my ipad mini and also in my chrome browser. Iphone max also. All the same. No earlier timeline showing any video. Reset and resynced both camera and base station. Unplugged usb drives that I had in. still nothing. Can someone please assist? Thank you.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try unsubscribing and then re-subscribe.

carsoncat
Apprentice
Apprentice

And hop on one foot and spin around three times.  Maybe that will fix the problem as good as the advice the technical people give.

carsoncat
Apprentice
Apprentice

The CVR, that we pay EXTRA for, continues to be a problem.  I have three Arlo Pro 2 cameras with CVR added to them.  Two of the cameras usually provide a timeline for what has been recorded from midnight to current time.  The other camera requires a time wasting "procedure" in order to view the same time period as the other cameras.  It is as follows:

1. Go to the timeline for the previous day and pull that up.

2. Now, change the calendar icon to reflect the current day and then wait.

3.  Usually after a waiting period of about 10 minutes the timeline will appear.

Now, if prior to going through the above procedure, you wanted to see any motion or audio activations during that same period, you can always go to the Library and they are there.  You just can't see a continuous CVR recording without following those three steps listed above.

I would love to have the new Ultra cameras but I will wait until these are fixed.

carsoncat
Apprentice
Apprentice

AS I HAVE SAID IN PREVIOUS POSTS, THE TIMELINE CONTINUES TO BE A PROBLEM, AS WELL AS A MONEYMAKER FOR ARLO, SINCE IT DOESN'T WORK FOR A LOT OF CUSTOMERS, BUT WE CONTINUE TO PAY FOR IT ANYWAY.  IF I WANT TO SEE SOMETHING THAT OCCURRED EARLIER TODAY. I GO TO THE TIMELINE, THERE IS NOTHING THERE EXCEPT THE LIVE CURRENT VIDEO.  IF I GO TO THE DAY BEFORE...AND WAIT AND WAIT....THAT DAY WILL APPEAR.  THEN I HAVE TO TAKE THAT TIMELINE TO MIDNIGHT, CHANGE THE CALENDAR DATE TO TODAY'S DATE AND HOPE A  TIMELINE POPS UP AT MIDNIGHT.  EVEN IF IT DOES...YOU BETTER BRING A GOOD BOOK....BECAUSE IT WILL TAKE A WHILE.  AND THEN IF IT DOES.....TRY TO PICK THE TIME YOU WANT TO LOOK AT.  IT WILL BECOME A BATTLE BETWEEN YOU AND THE TIMELINE AS TO WHAT YOU GET TO SEE.  THIS IS REDICULOUS.  I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND ANY OF THE ARLO SYSTEMS TO A FRIEND BECAUSE THEY ARE SO MUCH TROUBLE AND TIME CONSUMING.  I DEFINITELY WOULD NOT MOVE UP TO THE ULTRA, AS I SEE ONLINE THEY HAVE THEIR OWN SET OF PROBLEMS.  ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS FIX THE CURRENT PROBLEMS AND USE CUSTOMER SERVICE/TECHNICIANS THAT SPEAK THE SAME ENGLISH THAT MOST OF US DO.  I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST THESE PEOPLE...........I JUST CAN'T UNDERSTAND THEIR RAPID FIRE VERSION OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE...WHICH IS OBVIOUSLY A SECOND LANGUAGE FOR THEM.

keldertron
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm also having problems with the timeline, and it is excruciatingly frustrating to try to get this to work properly with a paid subscription. I'm unable to view a specific part of the timeline, and it will jump to a different time once it buffers - which takes an excessive amount of time to begin with.

This is not at all what I signed up for, and I'm feeling huge regret with these cameras that I thought would work better, but it's just not. It's bad enough that I have neighbours who have vandalized our property which necessitated the need for the cameras to begin with - these are supposed to ease my issues, not create more.

Also, it's another huge pain that I am signed out of all devices when I sign into another one. I see no reason that I can't be logged into the mobile app and desktop application at the same time. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation