Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I have noticed that my CVR footage is showing a different timestamp to the motion event clip.
I have to restart the Arlo base station and I’m still having this same issue.

Example: 9:00 PM I would get a motion notification on my phone and when going back to the CVR footage either on my phone or laptop at that specific time 9:00 PM it will not show the same footage as the motion event clip.

I have also noticed that the CVR timeline lags and does not seem to work properly

Internet provider is BT
Download speed: 35.6 Mbps
Upload speed: 11.6 Mbps

Camera signal strength is showing full bars

I have already done the following:

• Restart the base station from the app
  • Turned the base station off from the mains and via the on/off switch from behind the base station itself
  • Checked the firmware was up to date
  • Turned camera off and on via the app
  • I removed the camera and reconnected it
  • Removed the battery from the camera

please, could someone shed some light on how to fix this issue? I have already submitted a ticket with Netgear support and they said they will look into this and get back to me. I rather get this issue sorted quickly rather than wait months/years for Netgear to sort this issue out.

This is a big issue here as the timestamp on a security camera is key for any crime/incident and Netgear needs to address this issue ASAP!!!

21 REPLIES 21
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I will reach out to you in a private message to investigate this issue further.

JamesC

Johnny45
Apprentice
Apprentice
This has been an issue since day one and has been really frustrating. The competition does this perfectly. I gave up waiting for a fix and am putting most of my arlos on ebay now.
Aspirant
Aspirant
So there is still no fix for this issue? Wow! Netgear really need to address! I’m still waiting for a response from netgear.
SRT4RICH
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same issue with my CVR time stamp I'm paying for 4 different cameras and I would expect them to work correctly as advertised trying to find an issue to fix this problem
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am still having this problem and Netgear do not seem to care nor fix this issue!! Netgear really need to address this issue.

mhnatt
Luminary
Luminary

This same thing is happening to me.  The marked "solved"/solution is to "contact support", whereby I begin filling out the form to submit a question to support and the page somehow automatically hides the entire message that I had spent time typing and now I cannot submit a support question. I have had this happen once before and it is frustrating (I wish Arlo would have a different message board system as this one is known to be flaky).

My problem is as described.  The same camera records a different time for CVR than the actaual clip event.

For example, attached are screenshots taken from 1) the video clip in library and 2) the CVR.  The video clip in the library is correct (3:27pm) whereas the CVR video is marked at 4:12pm.  Though notable is a green activity bar around the correct time (3:27pm).

In otherwords, the CVR video is about 40 minutes delayed.

The recommendation is to power off/on.  This has not solved the other people's either so the final "solution" was to contact support.  James or whomever - I cannot seem to even contact support so here is my message. What are the others finding their final solution is?

Thanktime (1).jpg

Johnny45
Apprentice
Apprentice
My solution was to put my Arlo Pro 2s on ebay and purchase a bunch of Nest IQ outdoor cameras. I'm amazed that this is still an issue months later. Netgear seems to lack QA testing bigtime. Extremely happy with the Nest IQs. More expensive but worth it.
mhnatt
Luminary
Luminary

I spent tonight learning about the Nest IQ Outdoor. Very nice and obviously better quality. But it has a few deal breakers. First, it is mandatory CVR, so at decent quality feed, we are talking 400GB per month per camera, and a minimum of 2Gbps of upload bandwidth per camera. Most people would max out at 2 cameras. Secondly, no battery option (AC power only). I’d love to go there but these two issues would stop me for now. I have anywhere from 4 to 12 cameras at each of my locations and Arlo is about the only optoin for now.

if Arlo would just step up to the plate, maybe the Board of Directors would consider changing management before it’s too late because they have a good start. Just getting lazy.

Johnny45
Apprentice
Apprentice
I live in the northeast where there are no data caps or charges for excessive uploads, fortunately. . So yes, I am well over 1TB a month last time I checked when I only had 4 cameras.
Johnny45
Apprentice
Apprentice
Worth mentioning too that my plan is 250/10 and I have 6 IQs constantly uploading and my speed tests show 7Mbps uploads with all cameras streaming uploads so the estimates from Nest are definitely worst case. I have them all running on 5ghz band too and no issues with wireless.
Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice
Seriously avoid CVR like the plague. You pay 70Quid a year for a really buggy system.

I signed up the first time realised how buggy it is an canceld my subscription.

Few months later after hearing they’d been improvements I signed up again. Within a week I cancelled again. It was a lot worse than the first time. Even the desktop pc version was buggy. Sometimes footage wouldn’t even load.

Fyi I have 300mbps DL / 20mbps UL
mhnatt
Luminary
Luminary

@Johnny45 Nice setup!

@Jonjonajamieson Totally my experience as well and it wasn't my system because I tried this in three totally different states (Texas, Wyoming, Georgia) each having their own Internet providers (250Mbps in Texas, and 1Gbps in Georgia) and still buggy.  Though I admit that lately (not sure when, maybe a couple months ago), they haven't been as buggy like they were before with footage not even loading.

I'm certain NG is aware of the bugs, which brings me back around to my lack of confidence that the Arlo team has much of a future if they don't right the ship soon.  It has such great potential but I believe as soon as Nest rolls out a battery powered - true wireless option, that doesn't depend on constant recording (for those of us who have data limit concerns), it will be a nail in the coffin for Arlo.  I just am pulling for Arlo because I believe in them if they'd pick back up and move forward.  Example, the Outdoor charger is still non-existant.

Ramulous
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem. The vid in the library is right time. In 24 x 7 CVR it shows up about 40 mins late. The green activity bar is fairly close or maybe slightly moved to the left earlier in tome than reality
Ramulous
Aspirant
Aspirant
Then the CVR see attachment
Ramulous
Aspirant
Aspirant
The library one
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Ramulous,

Which camera(s) are you using for your cvr subscription?

Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice
Wow!!! Can’t believe this is still happening. Can’t believe arlo think it’s ok to take money from people for a service that’s not worked for the past 2-3 years.

My advice to you mate is to unsubscribe from all arlo pay for subscriptions and if possible get refund on ur cameras.
Pawebb
Aspirant
Aspirant
Cheers. Yeah seems crazy this still seems an issue given the length of time it seems to be going on. It’s a shame as the system ticks a lot of the boxes but if it’s not capable of performing it’s core purpose correctly then it’s kind of defeats the point!
jayhova
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just paid for a year of CVR for 3 Arlo Pro 2 and am having the same problem. Is this really something Netgear has not yet addressed? Anyone have luck getting a fix?

I find it pretty unacceptable that I just shelled out a couple hundred bucks for this “premium” service and it doesn’t work right. I also noticed you cannot save video clips from the cloud recordings? This is pretty basic too and am surprised this is not offered. In essence I cannot download any of my recordings???

PS - All cameras are wired to constant power and I have tried obvious things like rebooting the base station.
Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes. Some if not most of the issues have been ongoing for atleast two years now. My advice to you is cancel your subscription NOW. and get a refund on ur cameras.
jayhova
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC wrote:

I will reach out to you in a private message to investigate this issue further.

JamesC

Hi JamesC any official updates on the CVR syncing and missing clips issues?  I have to say that I really must consider returning the system and can't recommend it to people given these fundamental issues with the core functionality.  I appreciate any quick response you can offer.

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation