Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Bridge for the Arlo Pro 2 Base Station in near future?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
MSBayou
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo has recently released a bridge for it's security lights. Can we expect a bridge for the Arlo Pro 2 Base Station in the near future?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

As jguerdat said, at this stage, the answer is to use multiple base stations. With each base station needing an ethernet connection, the system works well with my Orbi mesh router system with one base station connected to the router and one base station connected to the satellite.

There's no limit to the number of bases you can use. Conveniently, I can separate different areas of my house and the different bases can use different modes/schedules etc. This may or may not be appealing or useful to you

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Not sure what you're asking here. Do you mean will there be a security lights bridge built into a future base station? If so, I wouldn't count on it. If it's something else, please clarify

MSBayou
Tutor
Tutor

I will re-phrase the question. Is there a bridge coming in the future to extend the range of the Arlo Pro 2 Base Station?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not that I'm aware of. Right now the only ways to extend the range are 1) reposition your base as centrally as possible to maximize the connection to all cameras and 2) use multiple bases with certain cameras synced to certain bases. There's no such thing as an extender between the base and the cameras.

MzBCee
Aspirant
Aspirant
Some one asked if you can extend the base for camera reach or distance and i say you can. You can extend the arlo base reach by positioning the base as close to the middle of the cameras you are using.( Im using 2 cameras. ) The added device here is your wifi extender unit. I have my wifi units mounted up high at top of doorway heights. Have your base wifi broadcasting and connect your wifi extender. Place the extender closer to your camera or cameras at midway. Connect to the wifi extender when you log in. Have all log ins going to the wifi extender and not the base wifi. Its easy. You get farther range. Im covering a 1/2 acre with this set up on 2 cameras at about 175ft apart with my arlobase and wifi ext. centered midways close to a window. My arlo base is hard lined to the wifi extender. The extender connects wirelessly to my base wifi midway in my house. And they are 30 ft apart. There you go. It is possible. I am also using the solar charge panels,, they work well enough for the arlo pro 2 cameras for a daily battery charge. For night monitoring. You have to think about how. Dont mount any wifi by alot of metal or mirrors. Wifi signals dont like it. Mount wifi and extenders high! I have had troubles with my units going offline but i found that i had to keep the wifi extender in a cool well vented area. If the extender gets warm my coverage crashes and the arlo base too. Something I just learned and experienced. I have a mini fan blowing on the extender and arlo base pro 2 now to keep it cool. So, far seems ok. But time will tell. Good luck.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

As jguerdat said, at this stage, the answer is to use multiple base stations. With each base station needing an ethernet connection, the system works well with my Orbi mesh router system with one base station connected to the router and one base station connected to the satellite.

There's no limit to the number of bases you can use. Conveniently, I can separate different areas of my house and the different bases can use different modes/schedules etc. This may or may not be appealing or useful to you

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation