Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Both cameras have stopped recording to the library...

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Daveykid
Aspirant
Aspirant

So, I have two cameras on one base and both have stopped recording to the library.  When the cameras are live they both record to the library if I manually choose it but it appears as though they are not picking up motion.  Nothing has changed with the cameras.  No loss of power, no firmware updates, no change in passwords...nothing.  All functionality remains the same other than the fact they are no longer recording to the library.  I've reset the base twice now and there has been no change in anything.  Of the three lights on the base station, the power (left) and the camera connectivity (right), they are both solid.  It's the center light (looks like a satellite logo?) that is constantly blinking.  Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Daveykid
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just tried resetting the base and pulled the batteries again and magically they are working now.  I have no idea what happened.  My middle LED is still blinking rapidly but at least it's all working.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Daveykid
Aspirant
Aspirant

And I've pulled both batteries on the two cameras to reset them as well and still nothing in the library.

Dannybear
Master
Master

In case you’re not aware you need to pull the camera batteries for at least 10sec to reset the cameras.

The middle led on the base is the internet connection and usually solid green but will flicker when Base is communicating with the arlo server. If it flashing constantly then your likely streaming a camera.

If both cameras stopped triggering then it points to a mode issue with the Base station.

Check if the base mode is set to armed. If so create a new custom mode with new camera rules and test using that mode. If that works ok then the armed mode has been corrupted and needs to be rebuilt.

You can also test the cameras PIR sensor using the motion test function in camera settings utility. Ensue you remove any external power to disable any activity zones during testing.

Daveykid
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just tried resetting the base and pulled the batteries again and magically they are working now.  I have no idea what happened.  My middle LED is still blinking rapidly but at least it's all working.

Dannybear
Master
Master

The internet LED continuously blinking is different, my setup blinks occasionally but blinks continuously when streaming a camera.

If you have CVR setup then it would explain it or if you have a lot motion activity with activity zones filtering out unwanted motion.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation