Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 43 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
StrikeSwiftly
Apprentice
Apprentice

Today I noticed im no longer subscribed to CVR on my Pro 2 cameras.  I checked late last night and it was ok.  I didnt unsubscribe or anything.  When attempting to re-subscribe, I continually get the message at confirm subscription page - "billing service unavailable".  I have also tried to upgrade my plan from the basic one and get the same message continually.  

I have tried ringing support but never seem to make any progress in the call queue.  Please advise if your system is down or if its a local issue my end?  I have tried the app, as well as on my desktop.  I have logged out of the app and logged in again to no avail.

Getting frustrated as my car was damaged overnight and I seem to have lost all CVR footage that was there last night.

43 REPLIES 43
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

@StrikeSwiftly That's not something we have seen and haven't had anyone else report this. I have escalated this to our backend team and they are investigating it now. I'll update you when I hear something back. 

StrikeSwiftly
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thank you!
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

@StrikeSwiftly  Thanks for your patience! They have restored the CVR service to your account. You should now be able to assign CVR to your cameras. Let me know if the issue is resolved for you now. 

Faiers
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue, as soon as I try to subscribe to the premier subscription and pay for a full year I get the below error appear at the top of the screen. 

null We are sorry, our billing service is currently unavailable. Please try again null.

It wont let me subscribe!

Thanks 

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

@Faiers I'm having them look into your account as well. I'll let you know when they have restored your CVR plan.

Faiers
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I dont currently have a CVR plan but I would like to make my account Premier to enable the smart features.

Thanks 

StrikeSwiftly
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks Dawn. CVR is back up and running, however im still getting the error message when trying to upgrade my account to Premier.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

@StrikeSwiftly and @Faiers thanks for the quick response. I've relayed your feedback and they're still looking into it. I'll update this post when I have more news.

mcjg
Star
Star

I am having the same problem. An error message when trying to pay for my subscription.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Just wanted to give you guys an update. I'm on the phone with engineering and they are still actively debugging this issue, and believe they are close to identifying the root cause.

StrikeSwiftly
Apprentice
Apprentice
Looks like I've lost my CVR again...

Not showing in my subs or on the individual camera
mcjg
Star
Star

Any progress Dawn?

StrikeSwiftly
Apprentice
Apprentice
I've only just reported my issue. Fair enough I give them some time to fix it. Dawn has been helpful so far.
StrikeSwiftly
Apprentice
Apprentice
I guess support doesnt work weekends or afterhours?
StrikeSwiftly
Apprentice
Apprentice
Dawn,

I've just got my CVR subscription renewal email. Please advise if this issue will be rectified or I will cancel this renewal.
Faiers
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just had another go and it looks like I can now subscribe to Premier.  Interestingly the pricing is now in £ not $ as it was before so that might have something to do with it....

Not see any smart features go live yet but I've seen in other posts that this can take up to 24 hours.

That said I just saw another post saying Arlo Smart is only available in the US, is that correct?!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Smart is currently available only in the US. An announcement will be made when it becomes available in other countries.

JamesC

Faiers
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James, that's rediculous! 

I have just subscribed to Arlo Smart, nowhere on the page for Arlo Smart does it say it is US only except for the E911 feature! Even the subscription was priced in £ and not $. 

So now I have a feature that has been miss sold as a result of poor website information from Netgear. What are Netgear going to do about it please?

Can you say how soon the smart features will be available in the UK please and also get your website team to make this clearer in the subscription and product information that this is US only!!!

StrikeSwiftly
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi James,

I have to agree with the poster above. I only wanted to subscribe to Premier to get the smart features. I'm in Australia and nowhere was it written that the features are US only. I won't bother considering that.

Anyway, can you please answer my question from a couple of posts back. My CVR still isn't working. My renewal is about to tick over. I can't cancel it because it shows me as unsubscribed but I got a renewal email. I never cancelled CVR and want to use it. As I stated above, I had my car damaged and now have no footage of it.
StrikeSwiftly
Apprentice
Apprentice

StrikeSwiftly
Apprentice
Apprentice

StrikeSwiftly
Apprentice
Apprentice
Not getting any movement on this. Tried ringing support, 26th in the queue. No thanks.

If I get charged for renewal and it doesn't work I will have no option but to do a CC charge back.
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

@StrikeSwiftly sorry for the lapse in communication, I had a family emergency this weekend and was unavailable to reply. A fix was approved today, however we have another deployment scheduled for Insight tonight, and need to separate these deployments. The fix that was approved should go out sometime this week (hoping for tomorrow night so long as nothing else causes a delay). Feel free to PM me regarding the refund situation and we can discuss further.

StrikeSwiftly
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks Dawn. I look forward to the fix. Please let me know once it's been deployed.
Discussion stats
  • 43 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation